None
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
1793 posts
470 upvotes
Edmonton
Supercooled wrote:
Apr 26th, 2016 7:06 am
Have you guys tried the 'fresh' pizzas in the deli sections? They come in a shrink wrap but also a cardboard box and you can see them because there is a cut out. Walmart has their own brands but they range from $8 to $16 as per toppings.

I haven't tried them yet because it's the same price as take out and that's just 'fresher' to me.
They're okay, from the few I've tried. Safeway's new ones aren't too bad. Superstore's are awful (it's the cheese, it tastes processed).

But I agree, when you get deals at a pizza place it's tough to pay almost the same amount for a deli pizza.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16188 posts
1363 upvotes
Space for rent
Skadefryd wrote:
Apr 26th, 2016 12:17 pm
They're okay, from the few I've tried. Safeway's new ones aren't too bad. Superstore's are awful (it's the cheese, it tastes processed).

But I agree, when you get deals at a pizza place it's tough to pay almost the same amount for a deli pizza.
How do they compare to frozen? It's probably like a delis so thawed out, lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
1793 posts
470 upvotes
Edmonton
Supercooled wrote:
Apr 26th, 2016 12:39 pm
How do they compare to frozen? It's probably like a delis so thawed out, lol.
The new Safeway ones (and the Thrifty Foods ones I had back in Victoria) taste pretty fresh, and the crusts are okay. The old Safeway ones were absolutely frozen, then thawed and put in the cooler.

Not sure about Superstore or Walmart, but I'd wager they come frozen too except for the odd veggie topping thrown on after.

I'd sooner eat a frozen pizza because they taste about as good and are (usually) significantly cheaper. Plus they make better last minute dinners as you can just yank it out of the freezer whenever you want.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11755 posts
1686 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Delissio: Cdn bacon
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5017 posts
539 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
Jimboski wrote:
Apr 26th, 2016 7:40 pm
What's the best frozen pizza available at Costco?
They change brands frequently. I buy Kirkland Cheese Pizza, always good.

Packard
Ask the man who owns one!
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6565 posts
1281 upvotes
Local RCSS is clearing out Rustico pizzas at $2.94. I'm hoping these pizzas are not discontinued because I really like them.

Anybody heard any rumours they're being phased out?
Nov 28, 2006
192 posts
5 upvotes
Calgary
Really like the Pillsbury Pizza Mini's,the cheese pizza. Can't find any of these emails flavors anymore, were they discontinued? Still see their pizza pops for sale.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
9666 posts
2087 upvotes
Toronto
bonterra wrote:
Oct 30th, 2016 12:02 am
Local RCSS is clearing out Rustico pizzas at $2.94. I'm hoping these pizzas are not discontinued because I really like them.

They have a pop up promo on this week at King and Blue Jay Way

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/rustico-on- ... 8820883037
dragan69 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2016 9:59 am
Really like the Pillsbury Pizza Mini's,the cheese pizza. Can't find any of these emails flavors anymore, were they discontinued? Still see their pizza pops for sale.
I think so

have-pillsbury-pizza-minis-been-discont ... s-2038566/
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
4366 posts
1542 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
Oct 30th, 2016 12:02 am

There is a $1 coupon for these at https://my.nestle.ca/

If they are couponing them, they are an ongoing concern.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
9666 posts
2087 upvotes
Toronto
I bought some President's Choice frozen pizza and was surprised some are labelled 'Made in Germany'
I guess Oetker makes 'em for Loblaws private label

BTW I'm not noticing any 'jump' in prices but less frequent sales

OTOH the Delissio Rustico seem to be $3 each pretty frequently, almost as frequently as the Oetkers used to be on sale for $3
Oct 5, 2010
376 posts
178 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Apr 26th, 2016 7:40 pm
What's the best frozen pizza available at Costco?
When they have the California Pizza Kitchen BBQ chicken it's the best.
Jul 11, 2006
78 posts
22 upvotes
apnayloags wrote:
Mar 13th, 2016 4:53 pm
we tried some Ristorante and Dr Oetkers only cuz a family member brought them, too little/skimpy toppings and tastes like cardboard

We'll stick to homemade or order from local pizza store if buy from outside. Tandoori style hot chilli pizza!
You are so right re Dr Oetkers...crust is like 'cardboard' I am surprised no one has mentioned that. I don't mind the Casa di Mama. The closest to an Italian tasting.texture crust. Not keen on the Pepperoni they use. Skimpy toppings.
Jul 11, 2006
78 posts
22 upvotes
Panabello is ok. The crust is like a slice of bread ... from a loaf of white bread. It is thick. Filling.

The most authentic crust IMO is Casa de Mama. Don't like the pepperoni they use.