• Nov 1st, 2023 8:45 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2014
5298 posts
5181 upvotes
Oakville, ON
neutral wrote: RCSS has a coal fired pizza in this week's ad. 9 bucks. Claims to be the best frozen pizza you will ever have, cooked at 900 F.
I saw it (the Chelsea) it had see through packaging and was fairly small light on toppings I passed...if you give it a whirl let us know..our conventional standard ovens can’t up to 500 or so once reheated that 900 degrees goes out the window
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2014
5298 posts
5181 upvotes
Oakville, ON
UrbanPoet wrote: Pretty good convenience wise.
Sometimes i freeze take out pizza when there is a deal. It freezes really well. After freezing solid overnight, i vacuum seal it. It keeps for a long time, and retains texture and moisture this way.
Yes that’s how they did it vacuum sealed so remained very fresh unlike those delissios with frost burn everywhere
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
7180 posts
243 upvotes
mrfrugal83 wrote: I saw it (the Chelsea) it had see through packaging and was fairly small light on toppings I passed...if you give it a whirl let us know..our conventional standard ovens can’t up to 500 or so once reheated that 900 degrees goes out the window
Interestingly I read a post here recently with someone saying that they par bake the dough on their outdoor pizza oven, freeze it, then bake it in a ninja grill and it's just about as good as fresh.

I guess the selling point of this is that you should get neapolitan taste without needing a pizza oven.

Don't go out to RCSS often but I'll be sure to update if I do or spot it somewhere else.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7950 posts
3608 upvotes
mrfrugal83 wrote: I saw it (the Chelsea) it had see through packaging and was fairly small light on toppings I passed...if you give it a whirl let us know..our conventional standard ovens can’t up to 500 or so once reheated that 900 degrees goes out the window
Bought the sliced pepperoni version today, hadn't seen the flyer, but it looked interesting. There was also a plain cheese version. $8.98 I think. Will revew when we try it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2014
5298 posts
5181 upvotes
Oakville, ON
bonterra wrote: Bought the sliced pepperoni version today, hadn't seen the flyer, but it looked interesting. There was also a plain cheese version. $8.98 I think. Will revew when we try it.
Yes post pics please let’s compare...apprentily the Chelsea is from some restaurant in Windsor
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7950 posts
3608 upvotes
mrfrugal83 wrote: Yes post pics please let’s compare...apprentily the Chelsea is from some restaurant in Windsor
Yes, it says on the box something about you can order wings, other varieties of pizza etc. from their web-site.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2014
5298 posts
5181 upvotes
Oakville, ON
bonterra wrote: Yes, it says on the box something about you can order wings, other varieties of pizza etc. from their web-site.
So is their a verdict on the frozen pie ?
May 1, 2020
34 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Dr. Oetker Thin curst are my go to when they are on sale, I stock up when I find them for $2.99. Sobey's sensations hand stretched thin crust is also good when they are on sale. The Italian Deli is my fav.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough
UrbanPoet wrote: Pretty good convenience wise.
Sometimes i freeze take out pizza when there is a deal. It freezes really well. After freezing solid overnight, i vacuum seal it. It keeps for a long time, and retains texture and moisture this way.
I think that's a good method, maybe ask them to cook it very lightly done so that you have more oven spring when you cook it at home from frozen?
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17434 posts
12787 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a President's Choice Shawarma pizza and a PC Butter Chicken pizza when they were $2.50 at Fortinos
I ate 'em a while back but one of them smelt like poop (probably the Shawarma)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2014
5298 posts
5181 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Mikes frozen pizza the best… definitely not delissio and closest to take out pizza places… put it in a delivery box almost the same… highly recommend
Dec 23, 2021
177 posts
126 upvotes
Tweed
Been meaning to try Mikes.

My new fave is Pomodoro Italian Flatbread pizza. Have only seen it at the Peterborough Costco. Great crust.
Aug 14, 2010
735 posts
1340 upvotes
Ottawa
My favorite frozen pizzas are: Delissio thin crust, Delissio Vintage, and PC wood fired thin crust.
He/Him
Public Mobile: $45/20GB
Trans Women are Women
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2005
5355 posts
2721 upvotes
WFH
mrfrugal83 wrote: Mikes frozen pizza the best… definitely not delissio and closest to take out pizza places… put it in a delivery box almost the same… highly recommend
We picked one up about a year ago and the base was horrible, very dense, tough and bordering on inedible. Easily the worst frozen pizza we've ever had. Even Delissio is a step up from that crap. In hindsight I probably should have returned it to Costco.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2014
5298 posts
5181 upvotes
Oakville, ON
dirtmover wrote: We picked one up about a year ago and the base was horrible, very dense, tough and bordering on inedible. Easily the worst frozen pizza we've ever had. Even Delissio is a step up from that crap. In hindsight I probably should have returned it to Costco.
Ya noooooo lol one of the best pizzas out there maybe a diff mikes shrugs … to each their own if the case
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
1148 posts
492 upvotes
Cost aside the Piano Piano frozen pizzas are the best I've had. If in the GTA ordering a bunch of them through Chefdrop with promos saves some money.
2006 - Pepsi/Frito Lay Win Every Hour Contest - 1279 Entries - Loser!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8585 posts
5370 upvotes
Mike's is an actual pizza chain in Quebec. Their pizzas are a bit pricey for frozen but its a decent size, like 850grams
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8585 posts
5370 upvotes
blarg wrote: Cost aside the Piano Piano frozen pizzas are the best I've had. If in the GTA ordering a bunch of them through Chefdrop with promos saves some money.
Thanks for the advice, I will be trying this out with Chefdrop promo
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2005
5355 posts
2721 upvotes
WFH
mrfrugal83 wrote: Ya noooooo lol one of the best pizzas out there maybe a diff mikes shrugs … to each their own if the case
Super deluxe all dressed 2 pack from Costco

I notice they have plenty of reviews with similar complaints regarding the base. I can only assume they have consistency problems and I was unlucky to get a pack from a bad batch while you've been getting good examples.

This Mike
Images
  • MikesFRLogo.jpg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)