104 upvotes

What's Your Favorite Xmas Movie?

A Christmas Story is mine. "How me how the piggies eat."
247 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10378 upvotes
I dunno...Black Christmas maybe...and it's a Canadian made movie too!
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
430 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
The greatest Christmas movie ever made... Die Hard 2! yippie kay yay mothertrucker!!

Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
My Top 5 Christmas movies...in no particular order:

- Jingle All The Way
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
- Die Hard 2: Die Harder
- A Christmas Story
- Home Alone
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
1)Elf
2)Christmas Vacation
3)Home Alone
4)The Santa Clause
5)A Christmas Story
6)Bad Santa

I absolutely love christmas movies
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote: 1)Elf
2)Christmas Vacation
3)Home Alone
4)The Santa Clause
5)A Christmas Story
6)Bad Santa

I absolutely love christmas movies
Yes, totally forgot about The Santa Clause....and it's sequels...the first is the best though. Those are some of my fave X-Mas movies too.
May 28, 2012
12484 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
A Christmas Story...and movies that make me nostalgic about the holiday season would be: The Sound of Music and Slipper and the Rose...both were shown around Christmas time when I was young.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Let's not forget "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"...both the classic Cartoon and the Jim Carrey live-action movie.

Also, add to my list another movie: Robert Zemeckis' "The Polar Express"....great X-Mas movie for the whole family.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
By the way they are showing the Polar Express in 3D next week...not tomorrow..on Saturday's Cineplex Family Favorites for $2.50 (you get 3D glasses to see it there too...without a surcharge).

As for Tomorrow...Saturday Dec. 06...you can watch on the big screen as part of Cineplex's Family Favorites for $2.50...the classic "A Christmas Story"

I am going to check both out!

Just remember...it's at select Cineplex cinemas...and it's only one show on Saturday at 11:00 am
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
I would like to see Bernard and the Genie again. It's a Lenny Henry/Alan Cummings movie from the 1990s, with Rowan Atkinson in a Scrooge-like role and a bunch of other icons of the time appearing in cameos, and it was absolutely hilarious when I caught it on TV some years back. In one of the later scenes the genie is filling in for a drunken mall Santa/Father Christmas, and a little kid goes in wearing an England football shirt - then comes out as Gary Lineker, England striker, shouting "Hey Mommy!" with the biggest smile on his face. :lol: It's the sort of movie that gets you in the right mood for the Holidays.

Seems a lot of other people want to watch it too: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Be ... 2121748326

http://www.amazon.com/Bernard-Genie-Len ... B0002S64OQ

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51wU3I6lVFL.jpg[/IMG]
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
1837 posts
598 upvotes
Guelph
National Lampoons Christmas
A Christmas Story
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Most of you guys are such obvious rfd cheapies that you just watch the same old movies offered on TV year after year. :lol:

Still, at least they are mostly Christmas movies. What's really sad is what the TV networks offer around Easter - it's almost exclusively Old Testament fare, with very little actual Easter content available.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Tornado F2 wrote: I would like to see Bernard and the Genie again. It's a Lenny Henry/Alan Cummings movie from the 1990s, with Rowan Atkinson in a Scrooge-like role and a bunch of other icons of the time appearing in cameos, and it was absolutely hilarious when I caught it on TV some years back. In one of the later scenes the genie is filling in for a drunken mall Santa/Father Christmas, and a little kid goes in wearing an England football shirt - then comes out as Gary Lineker, England striker, shouting "Hey Mommy!" with the biggest smile on his face. :lol: It's the sort of movie that gets you in the right mood for the Holidays.

Seems a lot of other people want to watch it too: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Be ... 2121748326

http://www.amazon.com/Bernard-Genie-Len ... B0002S64OQ

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51wU3I6lVFL.jpg[/IMG]

Wow...never heard of this movie...must be a British production...because I have not hear of England's footballer Gary Lineker in ages...and not even heard anything by Lenny Henry either in over a decade or more...and I love Lenny Henry. I also love Rowan and Alan too.

Lenny Henry's The Lenny Henry Show was a cool skit show on UK TV....with British Humor of course. He also used to do a lot of Charity Work for "Comic Relief" as I recall...and so did Rowan Atkinson.

We need new Mr. Bean live TV Shows...please make more Rowan! Speaking of Mr. Bean...his Chrismas Mr. Bean episodes/specials were HILARIOUS! :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
7611 posts
5047 upvotes
"PUT THAT COOKIE DOWN!"

hehe.. Jingle all the way for me.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Scorpionsy wrote: Wow...never heard of this movie...must be a British production...because I have not hear of England's footballer Gary Lineker in ages...and not even heard anything by Lenny Henry either in over a decade or more...and I love Lenny Henry. I also love Rowan and Alan too.

Lenny Henry's The Lenny Henry Show was a cool skit show on UK TV....with British Humor of course. He also used to do a lot of Charity Work for "Comic Relief" as I recall...and so did Rowan Atkinson.

We need new Mr. Bean live TV Shows...please make more Rowan! Speaking of Mr. Bean...his Chrismas Mr. Bean episodes/specials were HILARIOUS! :lol:
It looks to be a 1991 production, but I saw it on CDN TV (or PBS) sometime in the past decade.

LH's Chef! is back on PBS.

As for RA, I'd like to see Blackadder again. It was on PBS way back before I had access to a VCR to record it. That series had a Christmas episode too. (He tries being good, but with the same results). :)
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
3615 posts
520 upvotes
My fave Christmas movies:

Die Hard (first one)
Home Alone
Love Actually
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10378 upvotes
Unfortunately, RA has said in the past he will never do Blackadder again. Too bad. I watched them all including the Christmas special and WW1. Although I like his take on Chaplin with Mr. Bean, it just wasn't the same. Definitely don't like his spy Johnny English. Bernard and The Genie used to air regularly on TVOntario. I have it on tape but I'm sure you can find it online. Was a regular Christmassy thing.

Looking forward to Dr. Who vs. Santa Claus on Christmas Day. Now that I have Filmon working on my LED, I can watch it on a big screen...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)