Personal Finance

What's your opinion on Capital One?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2014 7:04 am
Tags:
None

Poll: how do you rate capital one

• Total votes: 74. You have voted on this poll.
they've always been great to me

36%
their customer service is top notch

5%
they're alright I guess

18%
I'm torn between them and other issuers

0%
I've never had luck with Capital One

5%
their credit limits stink and cannot switch cards or upgrade

22%
I would never apply for a Capital One card ever

7%
they should pack up and move back to the U.S

7%

Poll ended at Dec 18th, 2014 8:01 pm

Oct 20, 2013
322 posts
66 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
I like its smartline mc more than the Avion or infinite visa from the other banks. It gives me a high limit and very low interest rate. Its purchase insurance is better than any of the Avion and infinite visa. Every time the tellers see my infinite card, they start telling me I have the best card than try to sell me more products. If I want only 1 card, I will keep the capital one. It is a low key card and I can use it in asian stores without drawing much attention and high pressure sells.
May 8, 2008
64 posts
10 upvotes
Guelph
Never had any problems with CapOne. Started with a 15K limit and get 1.5% cashback on the World Aspire cash card. Cashback may be redeemed at any time for an account credit or cheque. Account credit is posted quickly. Hope the CapOne Costco card is better than the AMEX Costco card was. Only used the AMEX card at Costco last year and earned about 0.3% cashback last January. If the CapOne Costco card isn't that great, I'll just use the World Aspire cash card at Costco.
Jan 2, 2009
138 posts
34 upvotes
Ontario
I am happy with CapitalOne Mastercard wtih low APR (Prime + 0.9%) and 11K credit limit (grandfathered). I recently transferred my higher interest auto loan 5.99% to CapitalOne MC after I paid off my earlier debt. No complaints here!
Aug 23, 2009
15 posts
Ontario
MY first card went from $500 to $7000 (their guarantee card) and they hold $100. When I got the no fee aspire, got initially over $10K so not sure your statement is always the case.
Poutinesauce wrote:
Sep 19th, 2014 9:23 pm
Worst credit card company ever. Their practices of giving multiple cards with low limits and not giving credit raises to have more chances to collect overlimit fees are very shady and scummy.