Shopping Discussion

What's your opinion on Toy ride on car Mercedes SLS amg?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2017 5:22 pm
[OP]
Mar 19, 2012
715 posts
124 upvotes

What's your opinion on Toy ride on car Mercedes SLS amg?

I've reserved one to be picked up tomorrow because I thought for an electric ride on car it's a good price. I don't know really know much about them other then the prices in toysrus. It is $199 and on the box it doesn't say whether it's 6V or 12V. Thanks in advance.
Images
  • image.jpeg
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
7875 posts
565 upvotes
Cocoon wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:12 pm
I've reserved one to be picked up tomorrow because I thought for an electric ride on car it's a good price. I don't know really know much about them other then the prices in toysrus. It is $199 and on the box it doesn't say whether it's 6V or 12V. Thanks in advance.
6v for sure if it's rated for 2.x km/h. It will be painfully slow to walk with and slow down even more for uphills.

We got a 6v Mario one and the first thing I did was modify it for 12v. It was actually unsafe crossing streets in the neighbour hood cause it was so slow. With the 12v, it goes around 8km/h.
[OP]
Mar 19, 2012
715 posts
124 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:42 pm
Is it for you or the kids? Hehe...

Just saying thats a pretty awesome car, your kids will love it!
I wish it was for me and wish my size were cheap like this Slightly Smiling Face
[OP]
Mar 19, 2012
715 posts
124 upvotes
Stock R wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 7:00 pm
6v for sure if it's rated for 2.x km/h. It will be painfully slow to walk with and slow down even more for uphills.

We got a 6v Mario one and the first thing I did was modify it for 12v. It was actually unsafe crossing streets in the neighbour hood cause it was so slow. With the 12v, it goes around 8km/h.
Two weeks ago I was at toysrus looking at the cars. The guy who helped us told me that the only difference between 6v and 12v is that I have to charge 6v often and it would give me 4 hours of drive. He also said that 6v and 12v speed is the same.
[OP]
Mar 19, 2012
715 posts
124 upvotes
Stock R wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 7:00 pm

Also how do you modify? Will it be safe? I better look on YouTube to see if anyone showing how to do it. Thank you
[OP]
Mar 19, 2012
715 posts
124 upvotes
flyingnurse wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 7:27 pm
What's the point of this thread?
Please feel free to move on to next threat that might interest you.
[OP]
Mar 19, 2012
715 posts
124 upvotes
asifnana wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:57 am
where is this?
I've got it from winners
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9161 posts
3254 upvotes
Ottawa
Cocoon wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 8:15 pm
Two weeks ago I was at toysrus looking at the cars. The guy who helped us told me that the only difference between 6v and 12v is that I have to charge 6v often and it would give me 4 hours of drive. He also said that 6v and 12v speed is the same.
Life lesson of the day: never take electricity advice from someone also selling barbies and stuffed animals. 6V probably won't go anywhere on grass or uphill.

We modified my nephews 6V John Deere to run off a 12.4V car battery we stuck in the rear truck bed of the Gator. That thing flew off road and up hills like you wouldn't believe...uncle of the year! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
[OP]
Mar 19, 2012
715 posts
124 upvotes
Cas77 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:55 pm
Life lesson of the day: never take electricity advice from someone also selling barbies and stuffed animals. 6V probably won't go anywhere on grass or uphill.

We modified my nephews 6V John Deere to run off a 12.4V car battery we stuck in the rear truck bed of the Gator. That thing flew off road and up hills like you wouldn't believe...uncle of the year! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Where do you get the 12V batteries? And also is it safe to modify? How do we know this car can handle 12V battery? It would be great if you could answer these questions.

I'm watching YouTube videos on how to change batteries Face With Tears Of Joy But so far no one has mentioned about modifying from 6v to 12 v will be dangerous.
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9161 posts
3254 upvotes
Ottawa
Cocoon wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 3:35 pm
Where do you get the 12V batteries? And also is it safe to modify? How do we know this car can handle 12V battery? It would be great if you could answer these questions.

I'm watching YouTube videos on how to change batteries Face With Tears Of Joy But so far no one has mentioned about modifying from 6v to 12 v will be dangerous.
It was an old car battery (actually marine) that my brother in law had laying around. Of course it's dangerous, otherwise it wouldn't be as much fun. lol
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Aug 17, 2009
605 posts
294 upvotes
Cas77 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 3:52 pm
It was an old car battery (actually marine) that my brother in law had laying around. Of course it's dangerous, otherwise it wouldn't be as much fun. lol
We need more people like you.