• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2017 12:07 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 12, 2017
94 posts
28 upvotes

When can I post without approvals?

I understand why these procedures are important for new accounts; I simply want to know how long it will take before the integrity of my account is verified.

I am trying to have a meaningful conversation, but by the time my posts are approved, the threads are already on the next page, and my posts are overlooked. Not to mention when I have the need to edit my post because of a silly mistake, but I can't even see my post to edit it before someone else comments on it hours later when my post is approved without warning.

I also want to be able to upvote comments from helpful people kind enough to take the time to answer my questions, but at the moment, I am simply told I do not have "permissions" to upvote.

(Sorry for my impatience, and I apologize in advance if the answer is posted somewhere obvious; I must have missed it. I couldn't find it in FAQS or any of the stickies, or in any of the other threads.)
8 replies
Sep 27, 2003
7925 posts
1347 upvotes
Newmarket
Try now
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
7995 posts
12425 upvotes
Scarborough
Typically your account switches to a regular account within 24 hours after your first post gets approved.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Apr 12, 2017
94 posts
28 upvotes
TomRFD wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 9:52 am
Typically your account switches to a regular account within 24 hours after your first post gets approved.
My first post was on April 14 and it's still doing it.

I thought the delay was because of the long weekend, and I didn't expect a skeleton crew to have the time to manage new accounts (assuming at the time that it was a manual process to review and switch it to a regular account), but from your reply, it sounds like it's done automatically.

I don't know if this info helps you in any way, but I'll put it here anyway:
-I use both the Forum app and the website through Chrome.
-On the website, I can't click the upvote button at all (it's greyed out).
-On the app, I can click the upvote button, but it still says I don't have the permissions.
-Editing and posting still need approvals.
-Still can't see or edit my posts until they are approved.

Thanks in advance for looking into it. :)
Sep 27, 2003
7925 posts
1347 upvotes
Newmarket
@TomRFD can you take a closer look? I just had to approve their last two posts.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
7995 posts
12425 upvotes
Scarborough
WorldIRC wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 11:37 am
@TomRFD can you take a closer look? I just had to approve their last two posts.
I'm already on it because I had to approve some too. All the groups and permissions look fine so I'll need to dig a little deeper.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
7995 posts
12425 upvotes
Scarborough
@RedToronto you should be able to post without approval now. There was one permission on your account that did not automatically change when your first post was approved.
[OP]
Apr 12, 2017
94 posts
28 upvotes
TomRFD wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 10:04 am
@RedToronto you should be able to post without approval now. There was one permission on your account that did not automatically change when your first post was approved.
Confirmed. Works now.

Thanks Tom!