Food & Drink

When it comes to eating are you the type of person that...

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2005 8:15 am
Tags:
None

Poll: When it comes to eating...

• Total votes: 71. You have voted on this poll.
I'll eat anything as long as it tastes good regardless whatever it is

59%
Once I find out what it really is I never eat it again.

41%
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes

When it comes to eating are you the type of person that...

Will eating something because it tastes good. When you find out what you're eating, you get disgusted by it and don't eat it ever again?

ie. You eat this chinese chinese delicasse that's really nice and crispy and you love it. You then find out it's pig intestine then you refuse to eat it again.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
20 replies
Nov 15, 2004
778 posts
3 upvotes
what's wrong with pig intestine??

Have you seen how they process food in the fast food restaurants?? :)
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2941 posts
1 upvote
Degen, the poll reminds me of the psych/sociology profile tests in university where they were asking you one set of questions as a metaphor for another completely unrelated set of questions.

for example, you can view these results as a indicator towards someone's potential for bisexuality. "If it feels good do it" sort of thing...

Sometimes a sausage is not a sausage.

:cheesygri
the man who trades freedom for security does not deserve
nor will receive either - benjamin franklin
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2003
2312 posts
78 upvotes
Mississauga
guess I will eat anything that tastes good and why not just NOT tell me what it is!!! What you don't know won't kill you...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6617 posts
1014 upvotes
BC
i'd rarely eat it if i didnt know what it was. from there i'd make my judgement if i would or not. pig intestine, no thanks!
That's my 2cents worth
Jan 25, 2004
292 posts
13 upvotes
cummer wrote:sometimes I have raw eggs with crackers. it might stound nasty but don't knock it to you try everything at least once thats what my momma always say. LOL
would you gnaw on this? Image
rookie wrote:guess I will eat anything that tastes good and why not just NOT tell me what it is!!! What you don't know won't kill you...
i think thats why he ate his toes
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1651 posts
2 upvotes
^ what Xactly is that

Honda Integra iS: An unfair advantage
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1584 posts
104 upvotes
i would try everything ONCE as long as i dont know what it is before i try it hehehe.
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Kingsway Image Instagram || Gallery
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2002
2939 posts
580 upvotes
I went to a Chinese restaurant down at Hwy7/Beaver Creek in Richmond Hill a couple of years ago with some Laotian friends before heading downtown to go clubbing. I was the only non-Asian in the place! My friend asked our group if '######' was ok, everyone agreed and seemed excited by the prospect of eating it. I of course, had to ask my friend what it was he'd ordered for me. He told me it was a "really good Asian soup with meat & stuff in it". So a few minutes later the bowls arrived and my friends dug in hungrily.

I'm not a big soup fan anyway but started on it. The broth wasn't bad, but the meat was still kinda pink & rubbery "Oh, don't worry - push it down to let it cook some more! Uh-huh, that's not how I like my food, I thought to myself..

Then I came across something white, stringy, and kinda bumpy. Didn't taste good, and had an unusual texture in the mouth. "Eat up", my friend said (BE A MAN!", I'm thinking, lol). So they watched as I ate 3 or 4 pieces of it. "You know what that is?", he said happily. "Tell me", I said. "Tripe!.. You do know what tripe is, right?"

Of course I know what tripe is - admittedly I'd never tried it before - a deliberately course of action, it should be noted!

I have a strong stomach, but had to put the bowl aside. There just is nothing appealing about eating tripe.

I remember reading about a murderer/cannibal in the states who killed his neighbours and then invited friends, family and other neighbours over for dinner (yes, human meat was on the menu). I think he even gave away some frozen meat to some people and they all thought it was great. It was only later when the police investigated and found out that they had to break the news to the dinner guests..

Just because something tastes good is NOT a reason to eat something again.
And more importantly, just because one person eats something quite happily doesn't mean that I will want to eat the same item, happily or not.

Sometimes your mind is stronger than the stomach..
Deal Addict
May 31, 2002
1079 posts
It's all cultural. Tripe, chicken's feet, fish head, pig's intestines, goat testicles... I've eaten all of it since childhood. :cool:
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
RenegadeX wrote:I have a strong stomach, but had to put the bowl aside. There just is nothing appealing about eating tripe.
I guess you're not the type of person that cares for food texture. That's the reason why I eat tripe. It's also the reason why I eat tendons.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
May 28, 2003
546 posts
What is tripe and tendon? That is actually what I order for Pho
Jun 20, 2004
116 posts
2 upvotes
North York
Tripe is the inside of a Cows stomach, it smells very very bad till it is bleached. That is why it is a clean white in soup. It is very cheap to buy at a butcher shop unbleached but if you touch it the smell will not come off you for days. My Dad feeds it to his dogs as a cheap snack.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
Wow the poll is turning out to be pretty even which surprises me.
Oct 11, 2004
237 posts
Ottawa
rookie wrote:guess I will eat anything that tastes good and why not just NOT tell me what it is!!! What you don't know won't kill you...
Um, if you were eating ecoli it could kill you (or something infected with aids), and Cancer can kill you if you don't know about is, so i like to know what's not in it as oposed to what is (in my case if nuts were in it i would die, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) :cheesygri
Deal Expert
Sep 4, 2003
18714 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
Ya the poll is weird... i would pick both... if u can see what i mean
For Sale:

HEATWARE
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2003
1473 posts
17 upvotes
I like food to look good to me, so if it doesn't I won't eat it. If something tastes good and I find out it's something gross (which so far hasn't happened to me, and yes, I've had my share of tripe/mystery meat/etc thrown at me) then I won't eat it again. If it's something more mainstream/normal (like seafood, which I don't like by the way) I'll usually try it, but even if I like it I won't usually eat it again.
But then I think, what about hot dogs? Everyone knows hot dogs are full of crap. Even if they say 100% beef, that could mean they are made of cow bladders, that's beef too, isn't it? And yet North Americans consume millions of tons of hot dogs per day. (and they are yummy)
Something to think about...
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2003
4797 posts
239 upvotes
Austin/Markham
well I am a vegetarian, and as long as its vegetarian i don't really mind, of course sometimes i will eat something i think is tasty, and later find out its a pretty nasty vegetable i previously hated, and I am mildly surprised..... also some cheeses which are supposedly gross but tastes quite good,

and to all da Asians, how about dat stinky tofu?
__
demandez-lui si elle dormira avec vous pour un LED keychain

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)