Wheels and Tires

When do you switch back to your summer tires?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2018 4:22 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
8427 posts
4672 upvotes
Durham
Gutty96 wrote: Exactly.. That was my question. If it not my fault and I don't have my winter tires on, can they deny my claim?
NO. Why would you care if you are NOT at fault?? You ONLY WORRY if YOUR ARE AT FAULT.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15769 posts
11164 upvotes
AV-Fishing wrote: NO. Why would you care if you are NOT at fault?? You ONLY WORRY if YOUR ARE AT FAULT.
You are telling me an insurance company has never denied the claim of someone who wasn't at fault? I find that hard to believe.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
8427 posts
4672 upvotes
Durham
Gutty96 wrote: You are telling me an insurance company has never denied the claim of someone who wasn't at fault? I find that hard to believe.
If you got rear-ended ... who is at fault? The car behind you.

Your summer tires did NOT cause the accident ... the car behind you caused it. If the car behind you did NOT have winter tires on (and he had indicated to the insurance company that he would be using winter tires in the winter) ... his insurance "could potentially" decline his claim ... therefore, it becomes a civil case.

AS LONG AS YOU ARE THE VICTIM .... it doesn't matter if you have summer tires on or you have a modified car with no catalytic converter on. You are NOT at fault. The other party pays for the damage NOT your own insurance company.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15769 posts
11164 upvotes
AV-Fishing wrote: If you got rear-ended ... who is at fault? The car behind you.

Your summer tires did NOT cause the accident ... the car behind you caused it. If the car behind you did NOT have winter tires on (and he had indicated to the insurance company that he would be using winter tires in the winter) ... his insurance "could potentially" decline his claim ... therefore, it becomes a civil case.

AS LONG AS YOU ARE THE VICTIM .... it doesn't matter if you have summer tires on or you have a modified car with no catalytic converter on. You are NOT at fault. The other party pays for the damage NOT your own insurance company.
The car that hit me is irrelevant. He has his insurance, I have mine. If he has winter tires or not doesn't effect my claim.

Why do we keep talking about the other person like this is the old days where we didn't have no fault insurance?
Feb 25, 2018
79 posts
21 upvotes
Hello. In places with a real winter (like Canada or Alaska), compulsory winter tire periods are usually regulated and one cannot play with the dates – install them later, or remove earlier than requested;
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1268 posts
82 upvotes
Vaughan
Kind of glad I held off here in Toronto lol.
Mar 1, 2018
40 posts
5 upvotes
Hello guys,

In Montreal, Canada winter tires are required from 15-Dec. through 15-March; In order to my winter tires to last, given current weather permits, ideally I install them a last weakened preceding 15-Dec and very 1st one following 15-Mar. However, in 2017 snowstorms started in November & I had no choice to mount them before the 1st snow;

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)