Shopping Discussion

When does the 30 days refund policy start?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2012 9:17 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3200 posts
180 upvotes

When does the 30 days refund policy start?

A quick question... I bought something from bestbuy on August 12. It was shipped on August 14 to my local post office. I picked it up on September 11th... Can I still return the product? Does the 30 days start on 12, 14 or 11th?
15 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
4795 posts
3847 upvotes
GTA
Date of purchase. You might get away with the day they shipped it but always date of purchase.

Never when you picked up the product because they don't know that.
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
You're already past your 30 days anyways .enjoy your product .
Mar 29, 2007
835 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
What the heck are you guys talking about?
The policy clear states at the bottom
Please note: for online returns, Best Buy's 30- and 14-day return policy begins on the date your items are delivered to you.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/help/online ... px?#return

You didn't receive your item until September 11th when you picked it and can prove it with the tracking number so you can argue that you're still within the return period
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
4795 posts
3847 upvotes
GTA
TimeWizard21 wrote: What the heck are you guys talking about?
The policy clear states at the bottom
Please note: for online returns, Best Buy's 30- and 14-day return policy begins on the date your items are delivered to you.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/help/online ... px?#return

You didn't receive your item until September 11th when you picked it and can prove it with the tracking number so you can argue that you're still within the return period
It was shipped on August 14th. OP didn't choose to pick it up until September 11th. Why would the policy kick in then? If he picked it up a year later, should the 30-day policy still apply? No.
Mar 29, 2007
835 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
ADRiiAN` wrote: It was shipped on August 14th. OP didn't choose to pick it up until September 11th. Why would the policy kick in then? If he picked it up a year later, should the 30-day policy still apply? No.
He can't pick it up a year later because the post office will send it back to the sender after a few weeks (usually 2-3 weeks).
OP has proof of when he received the item as the tracking number will clearly show this.
So you are wrong, OP is still under the 30 day policy.
Why don't you just call Best Buy to verify this? (call Bestbuy.ca, not the store since they tend to make up excuses not to accept returns instores sometimes)
Mar 29, 2007
835 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
Did you guys all the favor and called Bestbuy.ca (1-866-237-8289)
Representative told me exactly what I said, the date starts when you pick it up at the post office and can be verified with the tracking number
Got him to verify it with someone higher up as well
You just need to bring in the invoice with the tracking number so they can verify when you received it
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
TimeWizard21 wrote: Did you guys all the favor and called Bestbuy.ca (1-866-237-8289)
Representative told me exactly what I said, the date starts when you pick it up at the post office and can be verified with the tracking number
Got him to verify it with someone higher up as well
You just need to bring in the invoice with the tracking number so they can verify when you received it
How kind of you, Lol!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5820 posts
3846 upvotes
West Vancouver
Am i the only one who never returned anything... ? (aside from defects or something not as advertised (ex; Battery life))
Jul 17, 2012
76 posts
6 upvotes
OTTAWA
Coz4k wrote: Am i the only one who never returned anything... ? (aside from defects or something not as advertised (ex; Battery life))
Of course not. I am the same with you. Return is troublesome
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3200 posts
180 upvotes
Coz4k wrote: Am i the only one who never returned anything... ? (aside from defects or something not as advertised (ex; Battery life))
Am I the only one who uses bestbuy and future shop as a library?
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1241 upvotes
Nope, I only buy things I know I want.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
4374 posts
210 upvotes
Probably. Lots of reasons to return something that aren't abusive.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5820 posts
3846 upvotes
West Vancouver
Joshray wrote: Am I the only one who uses bestbuy and future shop as a library?
Don't get me wrong, i hate FS and BB but this is the kind of attitude that makes me puke.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2011
1755 posts
443 upvotes
Coz4k wrote: Don't get me wrong, i hate FS and BB but this is the kind of attitude that makes me puke.
Lol. look at the costco thread.