• Jan 5th, 2013 1:34 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 20, 2009
715 posts
81 upvotes

When does Boxing Week officially end?

I went to Staples this afternoon to pick up some Trend Micro software that is on sale at FS and BB for $20. I assumed Staples would price match (Staples on way home from work and easier to get to), but I was told that they don't price match during Boxing Week, which FS and BB today extended to Jan 10! So Boxing Day is now Boxing Week that is now 3 weeks long. Ridiculous. At least the stores have stopped playing Christmas muzak. The deal isn't even that good, but my subscription expires soon.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1321 posts
118 upvotes
Winnipeg
so you're mad that the product you need to buy is still on sale until the 10th, giving you plenty of time to go pick it up?

perspective my friend. if boxing week wasn't 'extended' then you wouldn't have anything to price match
[OP]
Dec 20, 2009
715 posts
81 upvotes
I'm not really mad and, yes, I can go pick it up. No big deal.I just think the stores are really milking what most agree is a non-event.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1321 posts
118 upvotes
Winnipeg
yes, they have been milking it for a long time. further proof that boxing day is now for retailers to make some money and not for retailers to clear out stock before the new stuff arrives
× < >