Computers & Electronics

When a monitor or other item is on sale do stores ever waive the limit 1 per customer

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2012 5:54 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--

When a monitor or other item is on sale do stores ever waive the limit 1 per customer

As Black Friday and boxing week get closer, I'm looking to setup either eyefinity or nvidia surround and with that ill need 3 monitors.

What I notice is that with every sale, the monitors always say limit one per customer and I guess the only way around this would be to order one online, get a friend to order one online and go buy one, or go with 3 people and do it that way, any other ways? Obviously I'd want all 3 to be the same.
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2005
5203 posts
2486 upvotes
Vancity
Create multiple accounts with slight different addresses? e.g., "1-1234 <street> St, 1234 Main Floor <street> Street, 1234 Upper Level <street> Str."
signature closed for renovation
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
But with 1 credit card it would be the same billing address though so wouldn't that idea not work?

I guess the 1 per customer is to stop hoarders but it sucks for those who legitimately want to do a setup like I want to. Does Dell do this with their IPS displays when they put them on sale?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
XtremeModder wrote: But with 1 credit card it would be the same billing address though so wouldn't that idea not work?

I guess the 1 per customer is to stop hoarders but it sucks for those who legitimately want to do a setup like I want to. Does Dell do this with their IPS displays when they put them on sale?
I think It'll still work.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote: But with 1 credit card it would be the same billing address though so wouldn't that idea not work?

Who cares - I've..

Bought 2 or more items with the same address
Bought 2 or more items with the same credit card

the difference was EACH ACCOUNT WAS DIFFERENT (like the name). I used family member names / real people that could be confirmed.

And to date no store has given me crap about the limit cap
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
george__ wrote: Who cares - I've..

Bought 2 or more items with the same address
Bought 2 or more items with the same credit card

the difference was EACH ACCOUNT WAS DIFFERENT (like the name). I used family member names / real people that could be confirmed.

And to date no store has given me crap about the limit cap
Thank you. Will try this out when a good sale comes around. Gonna try an get 3x24" screens
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote: Thank you. Will try this out when a good sale comes around. Gonna try an get 3x24" screens
I ordered 2 x Dell U2412M and 2 x Dell U2312HM

Both times - they didn't give me headache... But with them I used two different shipping address
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
I don't ever recall Dell having a limit.
Either way... I ordered 7x U2312HM and plan on ordering 7x more in the near future.