Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20605 posts
9626 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
heard about this as well

gonna be costly....
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5311 posts
764 upvotes
Toronto
Not a very good example. They've been together 25 years, before that fortune existed.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
7047 posts
4034 upvotes
Yeah she was with him before amazon.

Which basically means she’s about to clean up.

Bezos won’t be the richest man anymore.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
1163 posts
60 upvotes
Sanyo wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 2:40 pm
Yeah she was with him before amazon.

Which basically means she’s about to clean up.

Bezos won’t be the richest man anymore.
Now without being political all I say is This is Art of Deal.
Oh I forgot Amazon sells a book [...]. Image
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 9th, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Amazon link removed for non-RFD affiliate tag
You guys seem trapped by the confines of your own ideologies.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
5011 posts
1318 upvotes
Aurora
Wow! The Amazon head honcho is worth 137 B-B-Billion! If I were the wife, I wouldn't be greedy; I'd be perfectly happy with, say, a measly 100 million (ok, and maybe the house) instead of a long drawn out court battle.
Dec 15, 2017
786 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
I thought the richest man in the world is a mexican, Carlos Slim. Dont have any idea how, he doesnt own oilfields or have factories churning out iphones.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1555 posts
443 upvotes
Mississauga
Jeff Bezos is a smart guy. Getting divorced won't be a surprise. Either he planned willingly to give half to Mackenzie, or they already had a legalized prenup before announcing the divorce.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
2861 posts
307 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
MusicBox wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 3:28 pm
I thought the richest man in the world is a mexican, Carlos Slim. Dont have any idea how, he doesnt own oilfields or have factories churning out iphones.
He owns telecommunication companies and media corporations. He's a media mogul.
Dec 20, 2018
201 posts
122 upvotes
jdu0ng wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 4:45 pm
Jeff Bezos is a smart guy. Getting divorced won't be a surprise. Either he planned willingly to give half to Mackenzie, or they already had a legalized prenup before announcing the divorce.
I don't think he can get a prenup after they're married and considering Amazon was founded after they got married, don't see what prenup there would be
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1555 posts
443 upvotes
Mississauga
StatsGuy wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 4:53 pm
I don't think he can get a prenup after they're married and considering Amazon was founded after they got married, don't see what prenup there would be
That's true. If no prenup in place, I don't know if I would be willingly to divorce and give half of net worth away. I would have found ways to distribute some of my net worth to family members to reduce my net worth before filing for divorce.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1555 posts
443 upvotes
Mississauga
StatsGuy wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 4:52 pm
She was supporting him and working to start-up the company before it was founded. She should get half
I agree, Mackenzie should a get portion. I'm not sure about half though. This half net-worth never made sense to me, sounds like a blanket rule because law makers couldn't be bothered with evaluating case by case marriages. Then again case by case evaluation is impossible. But if Jeff Bezos was to abandon his dog, the dog has kept him company all these years, does the dog get half his net worth?
Dec 10, 2018
17 posts
4 upvotes
Damn did not know that Bezos became the world's richest person. Anyways his wife will walk away with enough that last her multiple life times.
Regards
Fairypopo
Dec 20, 2018
201 posts
122 upvotes
jdu0ng wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 5:06 pm
I agree, Mackenzie should a get portion. I'm not sure about half though. This half net-worth never made sense to me, sounds like a blanket rule because law makers couldn't be bothered with evaluating case by case marriages. Then again case by case evaluation is impossible. But if Jeff Bezos was to abandon his dog, the dog has kept him company all these years, does the dog get half his net worth?
Are you trying to compare a spouse to a dog?

Did the dog support him by doing the work both to setup the company and at home as well as his other personal matters as well as doing the books for the company ? If so, sure dog should get half