• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2019 6:02 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2266 posts
2051 upvotes
Corleone187 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:33 pm
Probably deserves 1/2 when talking about Tiger and his dad.

If you want to talk about Tiger and his wife. Maybe she deserves 70%-80%

Sex drive is HUGE!
Since he was so busying having sex with other women most of the time, she probably deserves like a quarter that since she only provided max 25% of his sexual satisfaction. 70%-80% for providing sex to one man is better than being a prostitute. Seems like being a housewife can a better career choice than being a tutor/teacher, nanny, housekeeper, sex worker, etc. You get to spend quality time with the kids to build that "loving family", and you get all that $$$ to boot.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10562 posts
10631 upvotes
bombdiggity wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:40 pm
Since he was so busying having sex with other women most of the time, she probably deserves like a quarter that since she only provided max 25% of his sexual satisfaction. 70%-80% for providing sex to one man is better than being a prostitute. Seems like being a housewife can a better career choice than being a tutor/teacher, nanny, housekeeper, sex worker, etc. You get to spend quality time with the kids to build that "loving family", and you get all that $$$ to boot.
This is why marriage reforms are working their way through the US, state by state. High net worth men are tired of getting hosed.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9136 posts
2081 upvotes
Trump Uni Dropout
bombdiggity wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:40 pm
He was slumping on the golf course during that time.

His most success came when he first met his wife and in the prime of their marriage 2000-2008. That's when he won all his Masters and PGAs

You're underestimating primal urges. Prostitution is the world's oldest profession for a reason, it can never be extinct for that same reason like every other profession!
You only live twice ǝɔᴉʍʇ 😎
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
9567 posts
1265 upvotes
Have we gotten to the point in this discussion where if a female does not do her duty to satisfy her husband, then the man who seeks sex elsewhere is OK and that if they do get divorced, she is not entitled to half because she "failed" at at least one task?

Let's not get to the discussion where "well if you satisfied me I wouldn't be sleeping with others..."

Personally, if anyone cheated, they should get less than 50% of the assets.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2823 posts
1010 upvotes
Montreal
BiegeToyota wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 7:58 am

Here's the thing about you women haters.

You whine and complain that woman takes half.

They when you get old, you go to a third world (preferably Asian) country where you think women are submissive and dumb. You give her all her money and build their houses for their brothers (more likely husbands) and parents and take care of their children. Then when they don't need you, they dump you and you have nothing.

Now you wake up and wish there were laws like in Canada where you could at least get half.

Seen it here in Thailand over and over again.
That's if you marry a woman who's living in total poverty and keeps insisting that you immigrate to Canada with her ASAP.

There are plenty of women in countries like the Philippines who aren't like that and are content with very little. An easy way to test her is to tell her that you have little to no money and want to live with her in her country. Trust me, no gold digger will waste their time on such a person.

Statistically speaking, Latin American and Asian women are the least likely to take advantage of you and the most faithful. If you look at the highest number of divorcees and single mothers, they are mainly white and black women. It has all to do with culture and upbringing.

Preferring an obedient and faithful woman doesn't make you a "women hater". Quite the opposite, it means that you reject selfish/greedy women and you want the family unit to survive.

If you don't mind high risk marriages, go ahead and marry an independent western woman. Odds aren't in your favor.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9136 posts
2081 upvotes
Trump Uni Dropout
From a pure transactional standpoint what it offers when you're horny is essentially pure energy. It's not tangible like money or physical assets but it's arguably the most valuable asset a person can obtain.

It's like the Taj Mahal. The guy was totally obsessed with his wife. All that was energy.

Think about it, animals fight to the death for females. We're really no different from animals. Can't deny sex-energy, wife can offer this in the prime of your relationship

You only live twice ǝɔᴉʍʇ 😎
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
17508 posts
2862 upvotes
Toronto
EbonyRose wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 10:56 am
There is a failure to recognize all the value the "less successful" spouse adds to a marriage, especially when children are involved. You think childcare is free? You think housework is free? You think Bezos could have built such an empire AND have such a lovely family without his wife? She dedicated 25 years of her life to him and their family. Time she could have spent developing her own career. Bezos gets all the fame and glory, but they built Amazon together. She deserves every penny she gets.
This view that it's always the woman 'sacrificing her life' for her husband is so tired and played out. What about women who don't sacrifice? The ones that want to just stay home, not work, have kids, and just need a man to pay for it all. What are they sacrificing? If a woman just wants an easy life while someone else spends all day at some soul-crushing job where they have to constantly work themselves to the bone and rarely get to see their kids, their friends, and their families. does she deserve money for that? Why should someone with that drive be entitled to half of the assets of the person who made the real sacrifices?

Can someone pay me to take a 20-year vacation where all I have to do is spend time with my kids, do the household chores I did when I lived alone anyway, and keep the person I love happy? I'd take that in a heartbeat. Why does this view that women have no agency and don't want anything but to go to work and spend their lives at a 9-to-5 job persist? Staying at home and raising kids isn't always a 'sacrifice', and I'm willing to bet a lot of the men with wives making this 'sacrifice' only had kids because their wives wanted them.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10562 posts
10631 upvotes
kenze wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 1:00 pm
That's if you marry a woman who's living in total poverty and keeps insisting that you immigrate to Canada with her ASAP.

There are plenty of women in countries like the Philippines who aren't like that and are content with very little. An easy way to test her is to tell her that you have little to no money and want to live with her in her country. Trust me, no gold digger will waste their time on such a person.

Statistically speaking, Latin American and Asian women are the least likely to take advantage of you and the most faithful. If you look at the highest number of divorcees and single mothers, they are mainly white and black women. It has all to do with culture and upbringing.

Preferring an obedient and faithful woman doesn't make you a "women hater". Quite the opposite, it means that you reject selfish/greedy women and you want the family unit to survive.

If you don't mind high risk marriages, go ahead and marry an independent western woman. Odds aren't in your favor.
Someone taught you well. The simple truths your grandparents told you about lasting long term relationships still ring true. Right now those virtues seem well embodied in Southeast Asian countries.

Proud headstrong women of western ideals are a recipe for failed marriages.
Jun 11, 2006
275 posts
188 upvotes
Piro21 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 1:43 pm
This view that it's always the woman 'sacrificing her life' for her husband is so tired and played out. What about women who don't sacrifice? The ones that want to just stay home, not work, have kids, and just need a man to pay for it all. What are they sacrificing? If a woman just wants an easy life while someone else spends all day at some soul-crushing job where they have to constantly work themselves to the bone and rarely get to see their kids, their friends, and their families. does she deserve money for that? Why should someone with that drive be entitled to half of the assets of the person who made the real sacrifices?

Can someone pay me to take a 20-year vacation where all I have to do is spend time with my kids, do the household chores I did when I lived alone anyway, and keep the person I love happy? I'd take that in a heartbeat. Why does this view that women have no agency and don't want anything but to go to work and spend their lives at a 9-to-5 job persist? Staying at home and raising kids isn't always a 'sacrifice', and I'm willing to bet a lot of the men with wives making this 'sacrifice' only had kids because their wives wanted them.
Oh please, when you choose to have a family, some sacrifices have to be made, whether it be from the wife, husband, or both. Someone may sacrifice more, some less, and yes, some may be more willing to do more of the "sacrifice".

That doesn't mean one deserves more, or less, or whatever.

Maybe you move in different circles, but most men and women I know don't want to be a house wife/husband. Even when the women work outside the home, they generally end up with more of the housework/childcare, and its not because it's wonderful, it's because their husbands don't do it.

If you think it is a vacation to stay at home, then why don't you?
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
17508 posts
2862 upvotes
Toronto
stack1 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 2:32 pm
Oh please, when you choose to have a family, some sacrifices have to be made, whether it be from the wife, husband, or both. Someone may sacrifice more, some less, and yes, some may be more willing to do more of the "sacrifice".

That doesn't mean one deserves more, or less, or whatever.

Maybe you move in different circles, but most men and women I know don't want to be a house wife/husband. Even when the women work outside the home, they generally end up with more of the housework/childcare, and its not because it's wonderful, it's because their husbands don't do it.

There it is again. Anecdotal evidence combined with the assumption that all men are traditional, all women are egalitarian, and as a result all relationships are a transitional combination of these two where the woman is faced with the burden of both a full time job and all of the housework while the man ****s off to do whatever he wants. This is an archaic worldview that's not nearly as common as you think it is. Traditional women still exist in large numbers, there are more egalitarian men now than ever, and people's goals when getting together and the way their marriages operate are not as rigid as they used to be.

And why don't I stay home? Simple, a straight man who wants to be a house husband faces tremendous social stigma, is seeing as a freeloading mooch, and that lack of social standing is corrosive to the relationship he has with his wife and will result in his losing custody of his kids in a divorce hearing where the government doesn't recognize stay-at-home dads as anything other than lazy jobless slackers.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2266 posts
2051 upvotes
stack1 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 2:32 pm
Regardless of the reason(s) he doesn't, or whether or not people you know want to stay at home or not, is it your view that staying at home is not like a vacation? For people who don't think so, I'm curious to know what professions they think are easier than pretty much vacuuming, cleaning, maybe making food (the working spouse also tends to share this task once off work as well as their own tasks), before the kids get off school at like 3:30 pm.

People talking about this like it's so incredibly difficult and thankless are no different than the people complaining about 20%-25% tips on top of minimum wage in the food industry while everybody else gets 0% for harder jobs. "Bringing up children (revised version of "being a mom is") is the hardest job in the world" shouldn't have been taken literally.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2266 posts
2051 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 11:23 am
the laws (especially, custody) themselves are disproportionately biased against men. I don't fault men for feeling aggrieved by that.
Piro21 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 2:38 pm
And why don't I stay home? Simple, a straight man who wants to be a house husband faces tremendous social stigma, is seeing as a freeloading mooch, and that lack of social standing is corrosive to the relationship he has with his wife and will result in his losing custody of his kids in a divorce hearing where the government doesn't recognize stay-at-home dads as anything other than lazy jobless slackers.
I'm curious what EbonyRose thinks of how men are treated compared to women relating to divorce/custody in Canada since she is a lawyer (unless I'm mistaken). No need to even talk about other differences, such as sex crimes, etc.
Jun 11, 2006
275 posts
188 upvotes
Piro21 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 2:38 pm
There it is again. Anecdotal evidence combined with the assumption that all men are traditional, all women are egalitarian, and as a result all relationships are a transitional combination of these two where the woman is faced with the burden of both a full time job and all of the housework while the man ****s off to do whatever he wants. This is an archaic worldview that's not nearly as common as you think it is. Traditional women still exist in large numbers, there are more egalitarian men now than ever, and people's goals when getting together and the way their marriages operate are not as rigid as they used to be.

I'm not assuming all men are traditional. Even though you don't like anecdotal evidence, most husbands I know are not lazy slouches around the house, they now do more in fact than in previous generations. That said, I still generally don't see equal contribute even if the wife is contributing equally financially.

Your posts seem to imply that there are many females sitting around hoping for some man to pay their way for them. Mackenzie Bezos from all appearances does not appear to be that type of person and I don't think she is the rare exception.

Why do you assume there are many "traditional" women around? Are you talking about North America? If so, is this based on your own anecdotal observations?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
3188 posts
1092 upvotes
bombdiggity wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 2:58 pm
I'm curious what EbonyRose thinks of how men are treated compared to women relating to divorce/custody in Canada since she is a lawyer (unless I'm mistaken). No need to even talk about other differences, such as sex crimes, etc.
If she is a lawyer, it would be fantastic for her to add context and information from the most recent literature. It is always fascinating to hear from a professional in a discipline.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
17508 posts
2862 upvotes
Toronto
stack1 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 2:59 pm
I'm not assuming all men are traditional. Even though you don't like anecdotal evidence, most husbands I know are not lazy slouches around the house, they now do more in fact than in previous generations. That said, I still generally don't see equal contribute even if the wife is contributing equally financially.

Your posts seem to imply that there are many females sitting around hoping for some man to pay their way for them. Mackenzie Bezos from all appearances does not appear to be that type of person and I don't think she is the rare exception.

Why do you assume there are many "traditional" women around? Are you talking about North America? If so, is this based on your own anecdotal observations?
I've been witness to several situations (one in my own family) where a woman will get married to use a guy, then the second something bad happens to him that would disrupt her lifestyle she vanishes and becomes his worst enemy in court, taking the kids and half his income. My job also has divorce cases coming across my desk periodically, and I can see just how many older guys have had their pensions and life savings completely wrecked by low-achieving women leaving them to grow old and die poor, alone, and often suffering from crippling workplace injuries while the ex-wife runs off with the entire family.

It's a thing in immigrant communities, in situations where guys marry single mothers, and in situations where women will come to Canada from poorer countries via marriage. Husband works himself to death, wife does what she always wanted to do and raises kids instead of working, and then when the kids are old enough to leave home she bails with half the money and lives her own life.