Shopping Discussion

when is target going to start opening shop? looking for even better deals than Wally

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2012 5:30 pm
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
548 upvotes

when is target going to start opening shop? looking for even better deals than Wally

with all the zellers stores all closed when will target open up shop? any ETA? give wally a run for the money lol!

[IMG]http://gi41.photobucket.com/groups/e260 ... 0099-1.jpg[/IMG]
Selling a new never installed or used Edelbrock turbo kit #1500, but lowballers and buyers offering ridiculous 500 bucks for it.http://forums.redflagdeals.com/new-edel ... s-1151134/So now it is installed and in my civic :)
26 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4438 posts
1927 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
Shopping discussion is this way

------>
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
6083 posts
727 upvotes
Vancouver
You figure with 7000+ posts you'd know this was the wrong forum for this.
Banned
Dec 8, 2012
212 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
I have shopped at Target in the USA and I do not see it as any better than Walmart.
Electronics are virtually the same price.
Food is virtually the same price.
Clothing is just another version of made in China cheap crap
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2004
2837 posts
1387 upvotes
Markham, ON
In my experience shopping at Target in Pittsburgh and Buffalo areas, the pricing is more similar to a Shoppers Drug Martin than Walmart. IE much more expensive than Walmart.
Banned
Dec 8, 2012
212 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
Wow - lots of cranky people here
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1254 posts
155 upvotes
packardbell wrote: with all the zellers stores all closed when will target open up shop? any ETA? give wally a run for the money lol!
Not all stores are closed !

The first one in Quebec should open at 'Place Alexis Neon' (That Zellers store is presently closed) ;

In Montreal Walmart as open in the old Zellers at the corner of Langelier and Sherbrooke streets ;

Zellers is still open at Henri Bourassa and Lacordaire ;

1- Target aren't the cheapest ;

2- Wrong panel.
Dec 15, 2009
294 posts
55 upvotes
the first target stores are opening in March BTW. I found that using a google search.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
2386 posts
1108 upvotes
Ontario
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A GOOD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: "Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur" (It is a wise man who speaks little)
RFD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: Buy now, think later
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
7579 posts
5272 upvotes
Toronto
With crappy stuff Zellers had and with similiar management, one wouldn't wanted to shop there. Companies sees Canada as a good place to make money so will there be a better deals then Walmart as you put it? I doubt companies are lowballing themselves to out market each other to lure in Canadian customers. Instead, use smart marketing like walmart and bestbuy to do their business. You can still find cheaper deals in USA then Canada. I personally think, Target will do better job then Zellers but highly doubt they will use rock bottom pricing like Target or Walmart in USA. We have yet to find same pricing scheme from USA Costco and Canada Costco or USA Walmart and Canada Walmart or USA Bestbuy and Canada Bestbuy so why start now? Make few items looks attractive and with good marketing, they will have their regular customers.

So yea, I don't think Target will provide better deals then Walmart and so on and on. Think of Canada as big conspiracy where big corporations gather daily to fix prices to max their profit.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7800 posts
1611 upvotes
Toronto
Ustasa wrote: I have shopped at Target in the USA and I do not see it as any better than Walmart.
Electronics are virtually the same price.
Food is virtually the same price.
Clothing is just another version of made in China cheap crap
Whenever i head down to the US, target is one of my stops. I love the cheap food, especially the $1.50 popcorn with drink combo. They have partnered with Starbucks in the US so perhaps shops in canada will have starbucks locations inside the store.

They do have some exclusive liscensing clothing such as Paul Frank. Their Small Paul kids wear is cheap and cute for little kids. I love their novelty t shirts which are alot better than Walmarts selection and can rival shopping malls booths. They are fully liscensed t shirts so they have various trademarks such as soft drinks, movies, marvel characters, star wars etc.

At times their prices are comparable or slightly higher than Walmart but I find their quality is alot better and the Target Red card gives everyone a discount everytime they use it.

Cant wait til Target opens shop in Canada.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)