• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2020 2:40 pm
[OP]
Nov 15, 2015
148 posts
103 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON

When will 1st gen elite controllers go on sale

Thoughts on if and when the series 1 elites could get liquidated? Stores like best Buy, Walmart, the source have pulled stock off the shelves and I figured I'd be seeing them popping up by now but nothing yet. I think eb may still be selling series 1's but that's it from what I can tell
2 replies
Sep 2, 2009
528 posts
335 upvotes
Ottawa
That's a good question. Any idea how many they had in stock?

I had checked the stock at the Source but they were not available online since in-store I found the tag of the last one sold - 100$. I did not end up posting the deal because the stock-checker had none plus it was a single store.

I did cry a little that the tag was taunting me :)
[OP]
Nov 15, 2015
148 posts
103 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
cloak wrote: That's a good question. Any idea how many they had in stock?

I had checked the stock at the Source but they were not available online since in-store I found the tag of the last one sold - 100$. I did not end up posting the deal because the stock-checker had none plus it was a single store.

I did cry a little that the tag was taunting me :)
I guess they did clear them out quietly. 100 bucks is pretty good. I had grabbed a series 1 at regular price in May last year and there was plenty of stock. Ended up returning it and getting the series 2 in November when it came out, and I noted series 1's were stocked at that time. I tried out the series 2 but couldn't justify it at what I paid so back it went. I asked the best Buy rep about the 1st gens going on sale eventually but she had nothing to offer. Been checking up on them periodically but saw nothing. Must've missed it