Where are all the cell phone deals?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2018 8:13 am
Jan 16, 2009
363 posts
55 upvotes
Vancouver

Where are all the cell phone deals?

Accidentally smashed the screen of my 1-1/2 yr old Moto G4 Plus phone. Any suggestions on where to get a good deal these days on a reasonable phone?

Not seeing much buzz about phones in here now. Don't know where all the deals are hiding. But need to get a decent (don't need top of the line) replacement in the next week or so.
10 replies
Dec 2, 2014
560 posts
648 upvotes
Calgary, AB
u seem like u've been here long enough to know this isnt the place to ask about deals

edit: looks like it got moved out of the hot deals forum
Last edited by frankyCrankie on Jul 12th, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Aug 17, 2008
60 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga, ON (GTA…
Looks like you can get the essential from koodoo on a medium tab (in store so they may tack on another 30). I think theres a pixel deal is in the forum somewhere too on a Large tab.

Asking for a deal isnt going to make one pop up - if there were any they'd be on the forum. Go through the threads and see whats there.
Nov 9, 2016
305 posts
104 upvotes
If your willing to switch companies then there are always better deals available compared to upgrading your phone with the current company. I remember from working at a phone company that we always use to have better deals available for brand new customers. We could throw in free cases and knock off phone prices and offer better plans.

If your changing companies there is almost always deals and if your willing to wait until the end of August there will be back to school deals happening.
Jan 16, 2009
363 posts
55 upvotes
Vancouver
therealbry wrote: If your willing to switch companies...and if your willing to wait until the end of August there will be back to school deals happening.
Tks for suggestion. Either is a no go, though. Need a new phone quickly, and prefer not to change companies, b/c I think I have pretty good plan with Koodo (unlimited mins/text, 5gb data for $45).

If I can get LG G6 for $15/month x 24 months, wonder if people would consider that a good deal?
Nov 9, 2016
305 posts
104 upvotes
You can buy a LG G6 off someone on Kijiji for a affordable price. I know this because I was looking at getting a G6 myself. Just make sure you check if it has been blacklisted. I find that Lg phones don't hold their value (which is good for us buying them) but they are solid devices. I was using the Lg G3 for the longest time and right now i'm still using my G4 and its working fine. Will probably get a new phone in September
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
Check your Koodo account - they often have deals for current subscribers (bill credits on top of discounts, etc). But it all comes down to what your budget is - the 128GB Pixel 2 for $0 on tab large is a pretty good deal, right now. $480 is pretty sweet.
Jan 16, 2009
363 posts
55 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for the tips, everyone. Spoke with Koodo today, and they offered me the LG G6 for $0 down plus $210 on medium tab- and I keep my current plan ($45/month unlimited mins/texts, and 5gb data).

Anyone who thinks that is not a good deal (especially keeping in mind I need a phone asap- to replace the one that got smashed to bits yesterday)?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
lane99 wrote: Thanks for the tips, everyone. Spoke with Koodo today, and they offered me the LG G6 for $0 down plus $210 on medium tab- and I keep my current plan ($45/month unlimited mins/texts, and 5gb data).

Anyone who thinks that is not a good deal (especially keeping in mind I need a phone asap- to replace the one that got smashed to bits yesterday)?
It's a pretty solid phone even at regular medium tab price ($360). $210 is a great value.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)