• May 24th, 2016 2:17 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2009
1651 posts
141 upvotes
onatrio
living in missisagaua..would say terrible, never stop at complete stop...I even got honked while a light was red and turning right..most just use the red signal light and turn right with out stopping and I always stop at a red light and I got honked at for stopping..but when I lived in Guelph,, I would say best drivers Fergus, north of Guelph,,laid back , no rush
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
4984 posts
1091 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
BukLau303 wrote:
May 21st, 2016 3:02 pm
we keep seeing thread about where has worst driver in canada, but where do you guys think have best drivers in canada? province or city is fine..
Brampton

Freedom Mobile

Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5509 posts
2071 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
The best drivers are in Surrey BC, (aka Brampton of BC). :razz:
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11919 posts
2816 upvotes
Montréal
I actually suggested this as a counter to 'Canada's worst driver' but ppl like to focus on -ives. I'd watch that show.

'tis true there are lousy drivers everywhere, that's why ppl always say '(my area) has the worst drivers!'.
uber_shnitz wrote:
May 22nd, 2016 10:15 am
It's interesting that when we ask about the worst drivers, people tend to pinpoint an area (ex: Markham, Quebec, Richmond etc.), but when OP asked about the area with the best drivers, people went either to individuals (aka themselves) or to brands. Only a few people actually listed an area :lol:
It's kinda like good ref'ing in sports. You don't and aren't supposed to notice the good ones but the bad ones really stand out like sore thumbs.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2685 upvotes
ON
Best drivers are small town residents. You can stand on the side of the street and know instantly who is the douche from GTA visiting and who is a resident there by how they drive.
People are inherently good drivers when they first learn. Then they slowly get tainted more and more as they have to endure the hell that is big city traffic.
By the end it's just a soulless shell in a cutthroat world.

Small towns don't have this, and they remain sane.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21091 posts
10551 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Swswswish wrote:
May 22nd, 2016 6:08 pm
Kennedy + Steele's
Hay m8. Good to see you out of solitary.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Jan 19, 2007
900 posts
401 upvotes
Torontario
BukLau303 wrote:
May 21st, 2016 3:02 pm
we keep seeing thread about where has worst driver in canada, but where do you guys think have best drivers in canada? province or city is fine..
Where I come from they say that the best drivers are the ones that rest in the cemetery. i hope this is clear.

Good driving is an experiential learning process.
Oct 18, 2013
594 posts
184 upvotes
Brampton
what kind of question is this? another pointless thread. its obviously brampton smh
use the search feature please
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1794 posts
320 upvotes
According to Statistics Canada, Ontario and PEI has the lowest casualty rates. Saskatchewan had triple the rate of road deaths.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2007
2419 posts
173 upvotes
Impossible to answer because of population differences.

There are plenty of good drivers in big cities but there are also enough bad drivers to make it seem otherwise.

Mentioning smaller cities and towns isn't really fair not just because there are fewer drivers (and fewer chances of seeing screw-ups), but driving in smaller places is generally easier, so it might seem like they're better. But in reality they just have less obstacles to deal with, less to react to, etc.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
3957 upvotes
Toronto
umop wrote:
May 23rd, 2016 2:38 pm

There are plenty of good drivers in big cities but there are also enough bad drivers to make it seem otherwise.

Mentioning smaller cities and towns isn't really fair not just because there are fewer drivers (and fewer chances of seeing screw-ups), but driving in smaller places is generally easier, so it might seem like they're better. But in reality they just have less obstacles to deal with, less to react to, etc.
yeah

in Toronto you have to worry about cyclists, pedestrians, grannies, people from out of town that have never driven in the city before, congestion, busy intersections, people that are in a rush, tighter streets, less space.

so yeah, it's not the same sensory over load as driving out in small town.
Mar 5, 2015
157 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Let's be realistic, there are no best drivers anywhere in the world. Each driver made some mistakes. That's my opinion, maybe I'm wrong, correct me if I'm.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2014
2459 posts
545 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm gonna say they are located OUTSIDE major urban centers.

Rural drivers have good etiquette. In certain towns they wave hello when passing each other.
[OP]
May 10, 2015
513 posts
83 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
umop wrote:
May 23rd, 2016 2:38 pm

CRSAutomotiveOakville wrote:
May 24th, 2016 4:52 am
Let's be realistic, there are no best drivers anywhere in the world. Each driver made some mistakes. That's my opinion, maybe I'm wrong, correct me if I'm.
if there are no best drivers how come people on rfd say "x place has worst drivers" all the time..? if there is worst by definition there is best..