Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 5, 2006
579 posts
2 upvotes

Where to buy 3D Glasses?

As the title says, I'm looking for red/green 3D glasses like these:
I found some of [rfdlink=63]ebay[/rfdlink] but shipping costs more than the glasses themselves so there's no point.
I was wondering if there are any local places in the GTA that sell 3d glasses like these? I needed about 4.

Apologies if I posted in the wrong section. I was debating between "computers & electronics" and "fashion & apparel"
20 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
11973 posts
1055 upvotes
Toronto
go to a movie theatre and ask if they can hook you up with four 3d glasses?? I remember walmart used to have 3D glasses for the hannah montana thing.. but its all gone now.. You could try visiting a local crafts store and make your own.. DIY style..
[OP]
Jun 5, 2006
579 posts
2 upvotes
trixstar wrote:
Oct 29th, 2008 4:49 pm
go to a movie theatre and ask if they can hook you up with four 3d glasses??
I could easily get these but sadly, they don't work with regular TVs. And even if they do, they're not the red/green type I need :( I already asked a few friends that had some like that.
trixstar wrote: I remember walmart used to have 3D glasses for the hannah montana thing.. but its all gone now.. You could try visiting a local crafts store and make your own.. DIY style..
sounds complicated...
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2002
4150 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
there is that new movie, journey to the center of the earth or something, it supposidly comes with 4. Not sure if its the type you need or not.
Nov 8, 2002
115 posts
3 upvotes
DJXP is right. I got that movie and it does indeed come with 4 red/green 3D glasses. I'd go to your local videostores and ask them if they have any left over from their copies. The movie just came out yesterday, so if you hurry, they might not have thrown them out yet.

Good luck!
DJXP wrote:
Oct 29th, 2008 5:26 pm
there is that new movie, journey to the center of the earth or something, it supposidly comes with 4. Not sure if its the type you need or not.
[OP]
Jun 5, 2006
579 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks a lot for all your suggestions.
I think I'm going to try and find some overhead paper and try to make my own glasses based on that video. I wonder if I just taped coloured overhead paper on my glasses, if that would work.
I'm being extremely cheap I know...I can't help it, i'm a student.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2005
3302 posts
2 upvotes
pacman99 wrote:
Oct 30th, 2008 6:58 pm
Thanks a lot for all your suggestions.
I think I'm going to try and find some overhead paper and try to make my own glasses based on that video. I wonder if I just taped coloured overhead paper on my glasses, if that would work.
I'm being extremely cheap I know...I can't help it, i'm a student.
If by 'overhead paper' you mean colored acetone sheets, yes, it will work. Just go to the university art store, they should have small acetone sheets in the right colours. Rest is just stiff paper.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
4324 posts
93 upvotes
Here's a link I found recently:

http://3dglassesdirect.com/

If more movies come out in 3d, I'll probably buy 2 plastic pairs for my wife and me... and a batch of fifty semi-disposable ones from them too (The smallest number you can get is 50 of those).
Yes I do have heatware. Look over here! Yes, here! Heatware: fitbrit
May 8, 2005
346 posts
8 upvotes
Chestermere, AB
fitbrit wrote:
Nov 1st, 2008 2:03 am
Here's a link I found recently:

http://3dglassesdirect.com/

If more movies come out in 3d, I'll probably buy 2 plastic pairs for my wife and me... and a batch of fifty semi-disposable ones from them too (The smallest number you can get is 50 of those).
Too bad they use UPS. Shipping looks a little high and probably get hit with those brokerage fees.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 27, 2004
9692 posts
460 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Deal Extreme has them, as well as the modern ones used in cinemas ... can't remember what the tech name for it is ... polarized, I think.
× < >