• May 29th, 2017 4:49 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 28, 2008
184 posts
17 upvotes

Where To Buy Baby Formula?

Can anyone tell me what is the best place to get baby formula at a cheap price? Any wholesale place? I don't mind buying them in bulk since 1 case only last about 2 week.
45 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2001
1302 posts
16 upvotes
When it comes to baby formula most retailers have it priced the same. My advise is to find a senior and go during Shoppers Senior Day for a 20% discount and applicable promotion (i.e. $10gc for every $50 spent).
Jan 21, 2011
96 posts
11 upvotes
get coupons. the best coupons come from similac, i think (at first it starts out with like $5/$10 gift cheques.. then go down to standard $3). But Formula is basically the same price across the board.
Dec 28, 2004
174 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Costco has the best price by far! $23 for 1.4kg can.
Otherwise - Walmart. Similac there is usually couple bucks cheaper then in other stores, $25-$28 for 0.7kg can.

Rumors are that Costco's formula is actually made by Similac, just re-branded for Costco.

My twin-baby-girls were using Similac from the very beginning, but about a month ago we tried Costco formula, and babies are eating it just fine, no complains! :D
[OP]
Jan 28, 2008
184 posts
17 upvotes
I went to the Costco at 14th/Markham road and Hwy7/Warden but I don't see any formula. I even ask if they sell formula, they said they don't sell them?
Nov 25, 2002
427 posts
19 upvotes
Hybrid88 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2011 12:59 am
When it comes to baby formula most retailers have it priced the same. My advise is to find a senior and go during Shoppers Senior Day for a 20% discount and applicable promotion (i.e. $10gc for every $50 spent).

+1. Shoppers is by far the best place to pick up formula, especially if you can stack promos. The one time they had 15x SDM points on baby stuff + $10 for every $50 spent and formula was on sale for $25/box. Get 2 boxes, score the 15x shoppers points (~$10) and the $10 gift card. Buy 2 more boxes + $10 of household stuff and repeat. Save for mega-redemption and use points.
Dec 28, 2004
174 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Costco at Hwy 7 & Hwy 400 (Weston & Hwy 7) had it yesterday. Sale is over, so now is regular price $23.
It was on shelves on opposite side of lane where vitamins are.
Mar 31, 2010
51 posts
29 upvotes
canada
Shoppers is the best when formula is on sale, you have a coupon for it and you can get bonus points. If your child can handle all different types of formula, request coupons from similac, heinz etc it really helps.
Jan 22, 2011
478 posts
47 upvotes
Mississauga
If you don't mind driving to New York, Similac is much cheaper at Sam's Club in Niagara Falls than anywhere else in Ontario. Membership is about 50$, and you get 963g (not the 700g that we have here in Canada) for 28$ so if you're buying in bulk ( I used to buy 12 at a time) you can save a lot of money even when factoring in the cost of gas getting there (there's also a gas station that is about 0.15$ less a gallon than anywhere else around at Sam's club) Also you don't have to worry about tax at the border as baby formula is non-taxable, but you will be sent in to verify that you did indeed buy formula.
Oct 31, 2007
3160 posts
335 upvotes
Depends on the type of formula I guess but ours is on Good Start and at any given time one of the stores usually has it on sale, so we stock up then. I think it's usually $24 for the biggest can of powder but Wal Mart often has it on sale, sometimes as low as $16.xx. This week RCSS had it on for $19.xx. That's the regular GS by the way. Just have to shop around.

Be interested to hear how others get coupons, specifically for Nestle GoodStart.
Oct 16, 2008
576 posts
13 upvotes
Depends on what brand you want. I used to get Enfamil because ofthe DHA, but I think they all have that now. Good Start is from Nestle and I have a GP friend of mine that would always have full size samples. I got a case of 12 every few months.

Go to your GP and ask if he has any samples. Stupidstore was my usual place to get it. Costco has some pretty good deals.
I used to be me!
Deal Guru
Aug 22, 2011
13231 posts
3041 upvotes
Ottawa
lidia123 wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2015 8:17 am
What does GP stand for
General Practitioner.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5017 posts
646 upvotes
We use Goodstart Concentrate.

It's always on sale somewhere.

I bought 6 boxes a few weeks ago at Loblaws when it was $8 off a box.