Tags:
None
SCORE
Jun 11, 2005
404 posts
7 upvotes
Woodbridge

Where to buy baby walker?

I'm not looking for a debate here --- just info on a location to buy.

Does anyone know where in Canada I could purchase a baby walker similar to the picture attached?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/prodpop. ... totCount=0Image
Share:
19 replies
Jun 4, 2007
922 posts
202 upvotes
I think you will get a bit of debate on that one.

Since you mentioned that it may bring debate, I'm sure you are aware they are illegal to sell in Canada.

You won't (or shouldn't) find one here.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/child-en ... he-eng.php
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2004
1320 posts
16 upvotes
for the love of...

OP- ignore the hater- and just use a kitchen chair (if you have tile, laminate or wood the felt tabs under the legs should do the trick)
Why is nobody on RFD accountable for their actions???
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
12844 posts
571 upvotes
You should not be able to get one...why bother...

For maintaining a kid, get a circle of neglect (exersaucer).

For walking, any toy with a rear handle... almost any riding type toy has one...
Nov 12, 2006
79 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa, Ontario
You'll have to buy from the US, you won't find one in Canada, unless you look at Craigslist or Kijiji before the ad's get removed. Ebay works too.

Walkers were banned because people were too negligent to gate their stairs or supervise their children. ;)
~Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part~
Mar 24, 2007
628 posts
11 upvotes
I was going to say a yard sale although this is not the time of year for that! Anyone who sells baby products in Canada knows they are illegal, so I'd be shocked if you found one in a store.

Why do you want a baby walker? If you are looking for something for baby to work their legs and build some muscles, an exersaucer does almost the same thing without the risk. They can spin around and kick/push off the floor, so work their leg muscles. And if they are already cruising, nalababe mentioned the riding toys with the handles on the back. Babies use whatever is handy when they start cruising.
Sep 13, 2008
124 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
nalababe wrote:
Feb 1st, 2009 10:25 pm
For walking, any toy with a rear handle... almost any riding type toy has one...
Or a laundry basket flipped over works well too.

Like the other posters said, you won't find one in Canada because they're illegal. I have a friend who bought one in the States. Upon coming back to Canada, it was found by customs and confiscated. She's now blacklisted so her bags will be checked every time she travels. Just something to be wary of in case you were thinking of getting one across the border...
Jun 23, 2004
528 posts
7 upvotes
Beautiful Downtown S…
Pinna77 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 9:30 am
Or a laundry basket flipped over works well too.

Like the other posters said, you won't find one in Canada because they're illegal. I have a friend who bought one in the States. Upon coming back to Canada, it was found by customs and confiscated. She's now blacklisted so her bags will be checked every time she travels. Just something to be wary of in case you were thinking of getting one across the border...
Everyone has a " friend " ...

Anyway, if you can wait for the warmer weather you'll see them for sale at corner plazas without the wheels plugged in of course. Usually if you ask nicely they'll sneak you the casters in a plain brown bag :lol:
[OP]
Jun 11, 2005
404 posts
7 upvotes
Woodbridge
thrifty1 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 9:45 am
Everyone has a " friend " ...

Anyway, if you can wait for the warmer weather you'll see them for sale at corner plazas without the wheels plugged in of course. Usually if you ask nicely they'll sneak you the casters in a plain brown bag :lol:

Anyone know where I could find one of these 'friends' now? I can't wait for the warmer weather - it'll be too late by then. :D
Jun 4, 2007
922 posts
202 upvotes
S U wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 3:34 pm
Anyone know where I could find one of these 'friends' now? I can't wait for the warmer weather - it'll be too late by then. :D
Why do you feel like you need one? If you want something for the baby to practice walking get one of these

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... age=family

Or for leg strengthing a exersaucer or jumperoo will work.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2002
1227 posts
26 upvotes
We have this one from Costco. It's very sturdy.

Baby Walker.

edit: I also recommend the Jumperoo, if you don't have one. Our daughter loves it!
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2003
1495 posts
21 upvotes
hjello wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 6:09 pm
Why do you feel like you need one? If you want something for the baby to practice walking get one of these

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... age=family

Or for leg strengthing a exersaucer or jumperoo will work.

+1

They are banned for a reason.

If your child can stand purchase any of the Shopping Cart type walkers and monitor them.

You child is not missing out on anything by not rolling around in one of the old style walkers. It will not help them walk sooner or better. I'm surprised they are not banned in the US yet.
Jun 23, 2004
528 posts
7 upvotes
Beautiful Downtown S…
tlamm wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 7:09 pm
+1

They are banned for a reason.

If your child can stand purchase any of the Shopping Cart type walkers and monitor them.

You child is not missing out on anything by not rolling around in one of the old style walkers. It will not help them walk sooner or better. I'm surprised they are not banned in the US yet.
What did the OP say at the outset ??? Not looking for a debate ??? What part of that don't you comprehend ?

OK... continue on
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2003
1495 posts
21 upvotes
thrifty1 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 8:48 pm
What did the OP say at the outset ??? Not looking for a debate ??? What part of that don't you comprehend ?

OK... continue on
The part about children getting hurt using the useless baby walker..

Sorry but something banned in Canada doesnt make me wanna ignore the "p-lease don't debate me" part of the message,
Jun 4, 2007
922 posts
202 upvotes
tlamm wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2009 9:04 pm
The part about children getting hurt using the useless baby walker..

Sorry but something banned in Canada doesnt make me wanna ignore the "p-lease don't debate me" part of the message,
Agree 100%
× < >