Page 1 of 2

Where to Buy Banana Popsicles?

Posted: Jul 2nd, 2011 1:06 pm
by masterrocker
They are so good! I always buy them in the USA when I go there and I can't seem to find any in Toronto, anyone know where to get some banana popsicles in Canada?

Re: Where to Buy Banana Popsicles?

Posted: Jul 2nd, 2011 1:15 pm
by Raggie
Mac's

Posted: Jul 2nd, 2011 1:20 pm
by ally12
quickie

Posted: Jul 2nd, 2011 6:03 pm
by Punky Hunky
Chapman makes them . I bought mine at sobeys

Posted: Jul 2nd, 2011 7:18 pm
by masterrocker
Thanks for replying but can anyone tell me a specific location in the GTA where they might have them, off to highland farms and then sobeys near me to look for some banana popsicles.

Posted: Jul 2nd, 2011 7:40 pm
by AcidBomber
T&T supermarkets have Melonas.

Posted: Jul 2nd, 2011 7:41 pm
by NoFrillBill
I just had one last night. Bought @ Rabba's Fine Foods in Etobicoke. They are sold individually.

Posted: Jul 2nd, 2011 7:46 pm
by nalababe
AcidBomber wrote: T&T supermarkets have Melonas.

[img]

So does Sobeys

the invasion of melona!

Posted: Jul 2nd, 2011 8:44 pm
by ippon
i actually seriously considered making a thread dedicated to melona last week. these things are EVERYWHERE now.
they have their obvious presence in k-grocers, and are a common site in chinese markets, but now i see them at Shoppers drug mart, no frills, etc. not that it's a bad thing, but i'm just midly amused by the sightings.

Posted: Jul 2nd, 2011 8:56 pm
by amz155

Saw these at my local Nofrills today.

Posted: Jul 3rd, 2011 5:44 pm
by Bookpreviews

Those look really good!
Are they a dairy pop? or more an "ice treat".
TT is wayyyy to farrrrrr for me to go- like over 1 hour each way by bus.
Too far to go for frozen treats.

I actually make my own frozen melon items. I took honeydew added a bit of water, some lemon powder to keep it better and put in ice cube trays.
they are good in tea or in a slush or just to eat.

Those yellow banana ice pops all convenience stores seem to have them ot else maybe make your own??
I know a store that makes banana ice creame, so I'm sure it would be easy to make in a blender.

Posted: Jul 3rd, 2011 7:48 pm
by joeyjoejoe

Honey dew is by far the best flavour. Strawberry and mango are alright, but Banana sucks. According to Wiki, there's a lime flavour too, but I've never seen them. I find T&T has the best price as they routinely go on sale for $2.99 (box of 8)

I think OP was thinking more along the lines of this:

Posted: Jul 3rd, 2011 8:31 pm
by farfargurl
my store sells the polars banana popicles! the twins ones! ;)

Posted: Jul 3rd, 2011 8:42 pm
by Blunt
farfargurl wrote: my store sells the polars banana popicles! the twins ones! ;)

Last week, Sobey's had Chapman's Banana Popicles that's the same as the polars for $2 for a box of 18.
I stocked up on 3 boxes. Regular price is only $3.49 so it's still much cheaper buying them at the corner store.

Posted: Jul 4th, 2011 6:35 pm
by amz155
joeyjoejoe wrote: Honey dew is by far the best flavour. Strawberry and mango are alright, but Banana sucks. According to Wiki, there's a lime flavour too, but I've never seen them. I find T&T has the best price as they routinely go on sale for $2.99 (box of 8)

IIRC they are on for $2.99 at Nofrills.

Posted: Jul 5th, 2011 8:47 pm
by joeyjoejoe
amz155 wrote: IIRC they are on for $2.99 at Nofrills.

I went to my No Frills... $2.88, but no melon. There's also no sale sign either... I think $2.88 is regular price! :-0

Posted: Jul 5th, 2011 9:08 pm
by ippon
joeyjoejoe wrote: I went to my No Frills... $2.88, but no melon. There's also no sale sign either... I think $2.88 is regular price! :-0

was it the original melona by Binggrae, or melon bar by Lotte? i've seen them there, but i can't remember which i saw.
$2.88 is very good price, regardless of the brand though. they are $4-5 at korean markets. i hate how the korean markets are so expensive for nearly everything. i hardly buy anything from korean markets, unless it's a specialty item that can't be found elsewhere.

Posted: Jul 5th, 2011 10:20 pm
by joeyjoejoe
ippon wrote: was it the original melona by Binggrae, or melon bar by Lotte? i've seen them there, but i can't remember which i saw.
$2.88 is very good price, regardless of the brand though. they are $4-5 at korean markets. i hate how the korean markets are so expensive for nearly everything. i hardly buy anything from korean markets, unless it's a specialty item that can't be found elsewhere.

Agreed. I only pop into PAT when I wants some Korean rice cake desserts. The ones in the styrofoam dishes with the saran wrap... 2 for $5.

BTW, No Frills stocked the Binggrae.

Posted: Jul 6th, 2011 12:41 am
by Suhayb217
joeyjoejoe wrote: I went to my No Frills... $2.88, but no melon. There's also no sale sign either... I think $2.88 is regular price! :-0

Not quite, I belive the sign says save $1.50, regular price is around $4.50.

Posted: Jul 6th, 2011 9:08 am
by joeyjoejoe
Suhayb217 wrote: Not quite, I belive the sign says save $1.50, regular price is around $4.50.

This is only at MY local No Frills... I can't vouche for every single No Frills.

Jim's nofrills (Islington Ave.)
1020 Islington Ave, Etobicoke, ON M8Z 6A4

416-234-2068