Where to buy Barcelona chair?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 14th, 2016 6:59 pm
[OP]
Oct 5, 2005
336 posts
22 upvotes

Where to buy Barcelona chair?

I'm trying to furnish a new house and think the Barcelona chair would fit in really well... I can't swing full price for a Knoll and shopping around on the internet, I see there are tons that sell within the states, but can't find one that ships within Canada for a decent price. Also, can't seem to find any shops locally that sell it.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good place to buy one or two? I'm in Edmonton if that makes a difference.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum. Thanks!
150 replies
Oct 4, 2007
241 posts
8 upvotes
Orleans
I was looking at this place on the internet yesterday, I cannot comment on whether they are good or not. Saw them on Yahoo Shopping, I don't know if thats a good thing. Maybe someone else who has had experience with them can comment.

http://www.eternitymodern.com

Hope this helps.
Sep 15, 2007
179 posts
7 upvotes
I was just going to post http://www.eternitymodern.com too. I haven't purchased from them either though. You could look for it on http://www.shopphoenix.ca or https://www.berkshirefurniture.com or http://www.eekos.ca.

Costco also sells barcelona chairs but not the ottomans. http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Productgrou ... ir&topnav=

I'm in Edmonton too (and will also be buying a barcelona next month after we move). I know finesse and inspired home interiors sell cheaper reproductions (inspired is better quality but I think still around $2000, finesse is under $1000). F2 and maybe posh at home might have them.

You could check out dwell, 29 armstrong, le belle arti, scandia, konto, or izm as well.
[OP]
Oct 5, 2005
336 posts
22 upvotes
thanks misterburns and rob4321. the eternity modern looks like a good candidate considering there also have free shipping! i'm guessing the prices on that site are USD? i see they also carry the Eames chair as well! nice!

i saw that costco offerred the Barcelona, but for some reason they're only selling the red version, which i don't think will work in my place.
Oct 4, 2007
241 posts
8 upvotes
Orleans
no problemo, I also noticed that at the bottom of the webpage, it was considering our canadian dollar at parity to the usa. if this is true, that would be great. still, i would urge caution since i have not heard too much about this company. hope you find one you like, my wife and i are a big fan of the style.
Oct 4, 2007
241 posts
8 upvotes
Orleans
moneybags wrote:
May 26th, 2009 9:21 pm
thanks misterburns and rob4321. the eternity modern looks like a good candidate considering there also have free shipping! i'm guessing the prices on that site are USD? i see they also carry the Eames chair as well! nice!

i saw that costco offerred the Barcelona, but for some reason they're only selling the red version, which i don't think will work in my place.

the drop down box says only RED but if you look at the details

Colours: Black, white, brown, cream and red

there are options available. might be worth it to give someone at costco a call and see if they can give you a definitive answer
Oct 6, 2005
283 posts
3 upvotes
I'm not sure about Edmonton, but in Toronto some Canadian Tire stores have knock-off Barcelona chairs as well as Eames loungers.

They are not on the web-site, and I have only seen them in 1 store which I believe is a corporate owned store rather than a franchise. It may be worth while to go and ask at your local store.

If you want, I can check the prices here at lunch time as the store is right beside where I work.
Jul 23, 2007
852 posts
7 upvotes
I have bought mine from GH Johnsons in Toronto...not sure if they ship
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
2641 posts
385 upvotes
Toronto
shybutsly wrote:
May 27th, 2009 10:59 am
I'm not sure about Edmonton, but in Toronto some Canadian Tire stores have knock-off Barcelona chairs as well as Eames loungers.

They are not on the web-site, and I have only seen them in 1 store which I believe is a corporate owned store rather than a franchise. It may be worth while to go and ask at your local store.

If you want, I can check the prices here at lunch time as the store is right beside where I work.
Do you mind revealing that particlular Canadian Tire location?

Thanks!
Oct 6, 2005
283 posts
3 upvotes
Well I checked at Canadian Tire. The chair was $652 and the matching foot stool $330. So I would say that unless you catch it on sale there, you could probably get a better deal eslewhere. If it was real leather than the price may be ok, but to me it looked like it was vinyl.

I've also seen them on eBay, but whenever I looked the shipping to Canada was always ridiculous.

Good luck in your search.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2005
4698 posts
550 upvotes
Check out The Great Room Company at Londerry Mall. I got my Le Courbusier lounge chair for $750 delivered. Barcelona chairs were around the same price.
Most of the products come with free delivery in the city.

www.tgrhome.com
[OP]
Oct 5, 2005
336 posts
22 upvotes
shybutsly wrote:
May 27th, 2009 10:59 am

that must be one fancy-ass canadian tire! i've never seen a CT around here carry anything like a Barcelona. perks of living in edmonton.

thanks for checking into the price, though. i agree, it'd have to be real leather to be worth it.
[OP]
Oct 5, 2005
336 posts
22 upvotes
rf134a wrote:
May 27th, 2009 3:32 pm
Check out The Great Room Company at Londerry Mall. I got my Le Courbusier lounge chair for $750 delivered. Barcelona chairs were around the same price.
Most of the products come with free delivery in the city.

www.tgrhome.com
will check this out. thanks.
× < >