Wheels and Tires

Where to buy cheapest floor jack and torque wrench? (To change tires)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2018 7:06 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2007
1124 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto

Where to buy cheapest floor jack and torque wrench? (To change tires)

Hi,

Where to buy cheapest floor jack and torque wrench?

I had paid someone to change my winter tires as I had no tools, but I am looking to get my own tools to change tires for my sedan car in the summer.

Please suggestions on what I should buy as my budget is limited.

Thanks.
42 replies
Apr 6, 2009
323 posts
59 upvotes
For a floor jack, best value would be from costco.

For a torque wrench, Get a 1/2 inch and wait for it to go on sale at canadian tire (they put them on sale all the time).
Jan 28, 2015
118 posts
18 upvotes
Mississauga
same boat here would like to do it myself
lemme know what you find/decide to get
Jun 10, 2008
277 posts
151 upvotes
Brampton
I bought my jack from Costco. If it ever breaks I'll take it back. I think it was $115. Worth it for the lifetime return. I've had cheaper Jacks leak or bleed down. I do jack cars often though. I don't use a torque wrench but I'm comfortable tightening by hand.
Jul 17, 2008
93 posts
34 upvotes
Northwest Ontario
You don't really need a floor jack. If you want to save cash just use the factory jack that came with your car or get a bottle jack.

Get yourself a deep socket (most likely 19mm) , and a 1/2 torque wrench (Princess Auto has one on sale all the time for cheap or go for Canadian Tire).
Jul 19, 2013
154 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
werty316 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 3:31 pm
You don't really need a floor jack. If you want to save cash just use the factory jack that came with your car or get a bottle jack.
You can use the scissor jack in your car, but why? I'd say buy a $30 jack from Princess Auto at least, it will be much more stable and safer.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2012
2399 posts
950 upvotes
MARKHAM
werty316 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 3:31 pm

Get yourself a deep socket (most likely 19mm) , and a 1/2 torque wrench (Princess Auto has one on sale all the time for cheap or go for Canadian Tire).
The factory jack take forever to change 4 tires. I tried it once than I bought a floor jack+stand kit for $50 from Canadian tire. It makes the work much faster. Also CT is currently selling a 1/2 inch breaker bar for $15 this week.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2007
1124 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
JasonCao wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 6:48 pm
Well if you don't need them right now. Wait for the CT kit when it go on sales. It's around $50 you get the 2 ton jack, 2 stand, and 2 stop block.
Do you have a link for it on the CT website?