None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
2639 posts
51 upvotes

where to buy chocolate eclairs?

hey

I remembered a long time ago when Tim Hortons used to sell chocolate eclairs but for some reason they stopped selling them. They were the only place I know that sold these but since they stopped selling them, I don't know where else to look. are there any other places that sell chocolate eclairs that are similar or better than the ones at Tim Hortons?
9 replies
Aug 6, 2001
526 posts
3 upvotes
A french bakery would give you the most authentic experience . . .

The doughnut style that Tim Horton's had were good. Some grocery stores have these in the refrigerated bakery area.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
1307 posts
68 upvotes
GTA
All the supermarket bakeries have chocolate eclairs.
I like the ones from my local Longo's - Theirs is a bit expensive ($1.75 or so), but they use real cream.
Aug 24, 2007
187 posts
66 upvotes
Mississauga
Country Style has the best eclairs (according to my girlfriend)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
2639 posts
51 upvotes
jl001 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2008 3:05 pm
All the supermarket bakeries have chocolate eclairs.
I like the ones from my local Longo's - Theirs is a bit expensive ($1.75 or so), but they use real cream.
what do you mean by "real cream?"
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6224 posts
84 upvotes
Go to a bakery and get the real stuff!

(brings back memories of eating one per day for about a week when I was in france.. trying them from different bakeries all within walking distance of an appartment I was renting fro a week near the beach! hmmm.. sooo good.. sooo many pastries tried!)
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
1307 posts
68 upvotes
GTA
MasterXan wrote:
Jan 15th, 2008 5:38 am
what do you mean by "real cream?"
Whipped cream filling in the chocolate eclairs is not the same for all.
Real dairy cream is expensive... A lot of places uses low % or other subsititues and fillers, including Tim's and Country Style.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6224 posts
84 upvotes
jl001 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2008 11:26 am
Whipped cream filling in the chocolate eclairs is not the same for all.
Real dairy cream is expensive... A lot of places uses low % or other subsititues and fillers, including Tim's and Country Style.
for example: the whipped "cream" in a can... that stuff can't be real. Or the pre-whipped whipped cream in a tub / plastic container.
× < >