Tags:
None
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7030 posts
1227 upvotes

Where to Buy Cotton Tees ?

With the muggy weather in Montreal these past few weeks, the only tees I want to wear are long staple cotton tees, but where can I find some in North America without having to go to Asia ?
Once you wear these tees which feels like your second skin, silky, thin and durable there is no going back to the regular stuff they sell here locally like FofL, Hanes or what not

http://www.chicks.com.hk/eng/style/men/ ... rwear.aspx
9 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
578 upvotes
Toronto
yesstyle wrote:
Sep 9th, 2015 3:01 pm
Uniqlo @ NY?
Mini rant, but I HATE when people say Uniqlo as it's currently not available in Canada, and the airfare/time and CAD/USD exchange alone kills any deal.

Yes, Uniqlo is a much better version of H&M, but it still hasn't arrived in Canada yet.
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5245 posts
1066 upvotes
Richmond Hill
LostInTruth wrote:
Sep 9th, 2015 6:39 pm
Mini rant, but I HATE when people say Uniqlo as it's currently not available in Canada, and the airfare/time and CAD/USD exchange alone kills any deal.

Yes, Uniqlo is a much better version of H&M, but it still hasn't arrived in Canada yet.
Well, you did say 'North America'. Maybe you should change that to Canada.

Also, have you tried Calvin Klein @ the bay?
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7030 posts
1227 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
Sep 9th, 2015 11:14 pm
Well, you did say 'North America'. Maybe you should change that to Canada.

Also, have you tried Calvin Klein @ the bay?
Well if I can find it in Canada that would even better which I doubt, I was giving it a wider radius of success.
I know the cK line, they don't have anything close to what I am talking about plus cK is way overpriced for what they are. Watson's makes most of cK's undergarments here in Montreal.
You have to try long strand cotton tees to understand what I am talking about, the cotton material is nothing like the tees we have here locally, it is more like the quality of men's Egyptian cotton shirt material, but much thinner and silkier and they last for over a decade of everyday wear.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
4237 posts
800 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I'm in the same boat. I only wear the bossini shirts from HK. Haven't found a CDN equivalent.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1208 posts
362 upvotes
Brampton
Do they feel like the luxe-touch polo shirts at Banana Republic? They're 100% cotton but they feel like silk, I'm not sure how they do it but it feels silky smoooooth.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7030 posts
1227 upvotes
speedy726 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2015 3:50 pm
Do they feel like the luxe-touch polo shirts at Banana Republic? They're 100% cotton but they feel like silk, I'm not sure how they do it but it feels silky smoooooth.
Closest thing I can compare it to is white cotton linen bed sheets, but thinner and softer.
With local 8lbs cotton quality tees they last about two years before they start falling apart at the seams and are full of holes, with long strand cotton tees they stay together for over a decade, no fluffing, shrinking or wrinkling, almost like silk, but much more durable. So far I know of the Chicks and Double Shell brands from HK only and around $8usd/shirt is on par with the cost of the inferior local stuff.

There are no sewn on synthetic trims, everything is double stitched from the same cloth of material around the neck and sleeves.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1759 posts
450 upvotes
North York
Uniqlo for quality. H&M for affordable.