Fashion & Beauty

Where to buy a designer purse? Suggestions?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2016 10:36 am
Tags:
None
Jan 27, 2013
191 posts
71 upvotes

Where to buy a designer purse? Suggestions?

I'm looking to buy a designer purse for my wife.

Just wondering if the same purse could be found cheaper in the retail store, online or a retail distributor.

For example, would the same Gucci purse be the same price at Gucci.com/ca as it would be at the Gucci store in Yorkville, as it would be at a store like Saks (I don't think they carry Gucci. But I'm not locked in on Gucci. Might get another brand).

My wife already has a Gucci and LV purse. Any suggestions for a high end brand?
12 replies
Jul 11, 2016
3 posts
No websites may be a little bit more expansive depending on how much you spend, may have to pay for shipping(depending on each the company shipping policies). Try Zara, Michael Kohrs .
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
inb4 the materialistic comments

what if you don't end up buying one for her? Will she leave you?
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
If you are buying online, u have to first figure out if the parcel will be subject to duty.
If you are buying online, u may have to figure out if the currency conversion rate is a rip-off or not.
If you are buying online, u may have to factor in shipping costs and return policy.
If you are buying instore, esp. on sale, there may only be 1 in stock (or very small quantities) at the store.
If you are buying instore, u have the ability to inspect the product inside and out, and get a feel of the size and texture, etc.
If you have inspected the product instore and are waiting for it to go on sale online, u run the risk of the product selling out before it goes on sale instore, or selling out instore and online after it went on sale.

If you are eyeing a purse that a lot of people want, you need to factor in the fact that there are a lot of people who have enough money to pay regular price for it. Stuff can sell out at regular price. So, if you want a purse that is less desired, then you will have better luck at getting it at a decent discount.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Chanel or Hermes Kelly. If you can, go to Paris and buy it there, sales people are so much better in Paris than Canada.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
Definitely Hermes
hated on but respected.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Make sure its not the cheap shizz, B-line knockoff's you find at Winners despite what the fan-boys or fan-girls tell you.... just sayin.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2241 posts
447 upvotes
look into a Goyard, it's not something you'll see at your local Walmart like a LV or Gucci...

Quality is just as good and they have a more exclusive appeal to them

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)