• Jul 2nd, 2014 8:39 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18157 posts
1060 upvotes

Where to buy eyeglass nose pads?

A bit of a weird request but anyone know where to buy eyeglass replacement nose pads/pieces like the ones on the website below in the GTA:

http://www.armstrongoptical.com/Merchan ... de=600-400

I can go to my optician but he is kind out of the way (does it for free) and other optical stores want to charge me like $10 since I didn't buy the frames there.

Might as well do it myself and I like to replace mine once a year.

Any help is appreciated.
30 replies
Mar 23, 2006
486 posts
4 upvotes
mine recently broke, and i couldn't find those either... apparently some pharmacies stock these in their eyeglasses repair kits, but the pharmaplus ones aren't the good type.

i ended up having them replaced at costco's optical center (i believe they charge 5.99$+tax)
Oct 22, 2007
611 posts
71 upvotes
EASY & CHEAP! go to the dollar store and find a pair that has the same nose pads... change them yourself with one of those tiny screwdrivers (available at some dollar stores)
cc
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
13926 posts
689 upvotes
Markham
i just cough up the $10... i only change them when they break though (not every year like you)
ShadowVlican
Sep 22, 2008
17 posts
ShadowVlican wrote:
Nov 13th, 2008 9:28 pm
i just cough up the $10... i only change them when they break though (not every year like you)
After a year or so.. doesn't it get all hard? It cut my nose a few times and I just go get it replaced.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
13926 posts
689 upvotes
Markham
Tsuyo wrote:
Nov 13th, 2008 9:58 pm
After a year or so.. doesn't it get all hard? It cut my nose a few times and I just go get it replaced.
true, it does get hard... it becomes like plastic

but none have ever cut my nose in my +10 years of wearing glasses

that and i've only had 2 pairs where the nose pad broke :)
ShadowVlican
Sep 23, 2005
524 posts
I just walked into a Pearl Vision randomly, and they changed mine for like $3 (silicon), never had any business with them beforehand neither.
Oct 31, 2005
538 posts
112 upvotes
just go to where u bought ur glasses from....u can get it done for free...i'm sure other optician stores would do it for free as welll, if they ask whether u bought glasses from there, just say yes.....but idk...i'm a regualar customer at the place i go to so i can get them fixed for free.
May 3, 2004
621 posts
Toronto
does anyone know where i can buy the stick on ones either in the GTA or online? i prefer the stick on ones b/c i cut them in half so that they aren't visible from the front.
Jan 13, 2007
553 posts
9 upvotes
Mississauga
i wanted to buy this pair of plastic eyeglass frames, however they dont have nose pieces (just as most plastic frames do not). do you know where i can get them installed onto my frame? i went to my optometrist, but he doesnt know where to get it done.. =S
Aug 28, 2004
60 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Hi, I am planning on buying sunglasses with plastic frames and they never fit well on my face because I am Asian, so I did the following research:

You can get stick on silicone nose pads from eBay : Item number: 180307158487.

Karir in Toronto (416-363-4669) can install permanent nose pads to plastic frames with no nose pads. Depending on what your frame is like and what you need, he said he would charge around $50. It does not matter whether you bought the frame from him or not.

Hope that helps. Cheers!
Aug 28, 2004
60 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Karir's info can be found at: http://www.karireyewear.com/location_downtown.htm.

I am in no way related to Karir, but I have bought several pairs of glasses from him over the years. They provide really good service and have really good frames, but they can be a bit pricey if there is no promotion.
Aug 28, 2004
60 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Lenscrafters and Hakim are selling stick on silicone nose pads for $10 a pair.
Nov 4, 2008
69 posts
Barrie
If you are paying for nose pads, you should find another store. Any store with good service will replace it at no cost even if you didnt get it there. It is a question of customer service. Also, Karir is expensive, but they sell highend stuff. Try finding a family run business, chances are they will have good service and great prices...
× < >