• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2013 10:26 am
Tags:
None
Aug 19, 2006
36 posts
2 upvotes

where to buy girls dancewear?

My daughter is almost 3 and she's going to a dance school, but I have no idea where I can find dancewear for her, and shoes too. Any suggestions please? Thanks
10 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2008
4117 posts
1216 upvotes
jojomyz wrote: My daughter is almost 3 and she's going to a dance school, but I have no idea where I can find dancewear for her, and shoes too. Any suggestions please? Thanks
Whereabouts are you? I vaguely remember there being a store near the north west corner of Avenue and Eglinton that carries a lot of figure skating and dance outfits....
Aug 19, 2006
36 posts
2 upvotes
I am in Hamilton. Any online stores do you know?
Banned
Nov 2, 2012
2778 posts
473 upvotes
Hamilton
Wal-mart or Zellers have pink or black unitards with matching tutus. They also carry dance and tap shoes. You likely only need the ballet slippers at this point. Anything else is overkill at this point, especially for a 3 year old. Just get the basics and if you need anything else the instructor will let you know once classes begin. Chance are, that will be enough to carry you through the entire season or year.
Jan 15, 2011
485 posts
280 upvotes
Mississauga
Please just check with your instructor first. I cannot tell you how many times I have parents buy the cheap Payless or Walmart shoes, and have to send them back. Usually the shoes must all be the same in the class, so that for recital, the class is uniform.
Also, most private studios will have a colour code, ie primary's wear pink, juniors wear black.
And don't buy the suits with the skirts attached, unless your teacher specifies its okay! No teachers like these ones!
Your studio should be able to recommend a dance store in your area :D
Aug 19, 2006
36 posts
2 upvotes
thanks everybody, very helpful. I found this site lildancer.com, and have bought something from there, maybe it will only be good for dressing up then.
Aug 11, 2008
637 posts
222 upvotes
I am a huge fan of The Dance Shoppe on Sheppard just west of Yonge. I've been going there for over a decade since they have some of the best shoe fitters and selections in Toronto. I still drive all the way from Kingston just to buy dancewear and shoes there. Just a suggestion, get her two pairs of shoes (one can be cheap), one pair to keep clean for class, and one to wear and dance around the house in. Even as an adult I have a 'practice at home' pair of shoes.

My online favourite store is allaboutdance.com . They ship free in the USA, so I usually put in a huge order before any cross-border vacations. I had a huge box of dancewear delivered to my Disney resort room last week. Discountdance.com is also a well known store. A lot of my fellow dancers also order from dancex.com .
Jan 3, 2007
230 posts
14 upvotes
there is a store that sells dancewear on upper wentworth just before limeridge. its in a little plaza with a only a few other businesses, but the name it escaping me right now.
i have heard that walmart carries some dance wear but i have not been successful in locating any within the hamilton/brantford area walmarts.
i have had luck at value village of all places. yesterday was 50% off day and i got 2 brand name (capezio) bodysuits that were brand new for like 2.49each? in little kids sizes, plus a really cute sparkly pink skirt.
my LO is just over 2 and takes Kinderdance, so there are no 'rules' when it comes to dress.
Aug 19, 2006
36 posts
2 upvotes
inmyturret wrote: I am a huge fan of The Dance Shoppe on Sheppard just west of Yonge. I've been going there for over a decade since they have some of the best shoe fitters and selections in Toronto. I still drive all the way from Kingston just to buy dancewear and shoes there. Just a suggestion, get her two pairs of shoes (one can be cheap), one pair to keep clean for class, and one to wear and dance around the house in. Even as an adult I have a 'practice at home' pair of shoes.

My online favourite store is allaboutdance.com . They ship free in the USA, so I usually put in a huge order before any cross-border vacations. I had a huge box of dancewear delivered to my Disney resort room last week. Discountdance.com is also a well known store. A lot of my fellow dancers also order from dancex.com .
Good to know, are all these online stores in the US?
Aug 19, 2006
36 posts
2 upvotes
dragongirl_76 wrote: there is a store that sells dancewear on upper wentworth just before limeridge. its in a little plaza with a only a few other businesses, but the name it escaping me right now.
i have heard that walmart carries some dance wear but i have not been successful in locating any within the hamilton/brantford area walmarts.
i have had luck at value village of all places. yesterday was 50% off day and i got 2 brand name (capezio) bodysuits that were brand new for like 2.49each? in little kids sizes, plus a really cute sparkly pink skirt.
my LO is just over 2 and takes Kinderdance, so there are no 'rules' when it comes to dress.
Yeah, I checked 2 local stores and they are so expensive, at least for me... Maybe I should try value village too, she only uses these for 45 minutes a week, I am not planning spending a lot of money on the dancing outfits, that's part of the reason why I am searching online.
Jan 15, 2011
485 posts
280 upvotes
Mississauga
If you are looking online, I shop at discountdance.com.

Even with shipping, prices come out better, and they have a lot of items not available here.

If you have a friend in the US, or a PO box, even better!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)