Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50573 posts
15349 upvotes

Where to buy girl's / young women's leggings

I can see Old Navy carrying them. My daughter wants Lululemon but I'm only good with it if it has a warranty against tear.

Any other good brands that we should consider that don't break the bank account? How good is Lole as its founder seems to have worked at lululemon before.

Lululemon is too pricey:
http://search.lululemon.com/search?w=leggings
8 replies
May 28, 2012
10273 posts
2427 upvotes
Saskatoon
I asked my daughter and she suggested leggings from Aritizia (TNA brand). They should be from $30-50. If she wants lululemon, perhaps that's the way to go...they do warranty for defects. Better to buy something expensive that you know she will wear than to get cheap stuff that stays in her closet (this is from experience). ;)
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50573 posts
15349 upvotes
Mars2012 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2015 1:41 pm
I asked my daughter and she suggested leggings from Aritizia (TNA brand). They should be from $30-50. If she wants lululemon, perhaps that's the way to go...they do warranty for defects. Better to buy something expensive that you know she will wear than to get cheap stuff that stays in her closet (this is from experience). ;)
Thanks Mars2012. I suggested Lole and she still wants Lululemon. :( It's going to come from her allowance / fund, she reminded me. Oh yeah, TNA is such a craze in her circle of friends.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
17530 posts
2864 upvotes
Toronto
Whatever you do, make sure they're not see through. Get your wife to check or something.

I was heading for lunch the other day and there was a Chinese girl walking down Queen street in basically panties with a bit of colour over her legs, along with her bf. I honestly don't think she noticed.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1675 posts
380 upvotes
If you catch Aritzia sales, sometimes the leggings are as cheap as <$15-20. I buy them regularly just because they're of great quality. I don't know if there is warranty (warranty on a pair of leggings?) but they are in good quality after multiple washes.

On a side note, I'm surprised that young girls need lululemon leggings and refuse anything else. I'm sure I've bought cheap leggings are Ardene's all the way through university.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2005
2593 posts
1449 upvotes
Toronto
A possible alternative to Lululemon would be Titika (another Canadian company). Their legging prices are a tiny bit cheaper (by ~$10) and also offer complimentary hemming.

They also have sales for 25% off, that may help as well. I have a couple of their leggings and they've been great thus far. Not sure about warranty as I've never had anything rip. However I can attest to Lululemon's warranty as I had a pair of crops rip on me and after a unsuccessful repair, they replaced it.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2542 posts
629 upvotes
Toronto
cluless wrote:
Sep 26th, 2015 11:17 pm
A possible alternative to Lululemon would be Titika (another Canadian company). Their legging prices are a tiny bit cheaper (by ~$10) and also offer complimentary hemming.

They also have sales for 25% off, that may help as well. I have a couple of their leggings and they've been great thus far. Not sure about warranty as I've never had anything rip. However I can attest to Lululemon's warranty as I had a pair of crops rip on me and after a unsuccessful repair, they replaced it.
Just keep in mind titka is made in China.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2005
2593 posts
1449 upvotes
Toronto
Here's additional info right from Lululemon's FAQ page:

"where does lululemon manufacture its products?

We currently work with factories in Canada, the United States, Peru, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Israel, India, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Vietnam and Switzerland. We take great care in selecting factories that share our commitment to quality, ethics and technical capabilities. lululemon's manufacturing base in Vancouver is vital for security and speed-to-market of our core designs."