Fashion & Beauty

Where to buy good quality snow/rain non-slip boots?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2019 5:27 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2012
1474 posts
368 upvotes
Vancouver

Where to buy good quality snow/rain non-slip boots?

Hey guys, currently suffering from a pretty bad concussion, assuming the recovery will take years. I'm looking to buy some high quality non-slip on winter or rain boots, i'm not sure where to look, or which would be the best quality. I would really appreciate the help.
16 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
What's your budget?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2012
1474 posts
368 upvotes
Vancouver
Cheapo-Findo wrote: What's your budget?
I would say my maximum budget would be $250. I want really reliable boots. Maybe even the ones that would help on ice, but definitely something that would prevent slips on rainy weather. Have lots of medical appointments I have to get to by foot.

I could go higher on my budget, if there are better options, less than $500 though, hopefully. Concerned about my health mostly than money.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
http://www.ratemytreads.com/ratings/
Based on the survey/testing down, it appears the recommended boots have the vibram artic grip outsole. So,
I bought a pair of hush puppies with the vibram arctic ice grip outsole early this yr when they were clearing from winter inventories at about around 30% off regular.

I will have a chance to use them this resin
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2012
1474 posts
368 upvotes
Vancouver
booblehead wrote: http://www.ratemytreads.com/ratings/
Based on the survey/testing down, it appears the recommended boots have the vibram artic grip outsole. So,
I bought a pair of hush puppies with the vibram arctic ice grip outsole early this yr when they were clearing from winter inventories at about around 30% off regular.

I will have a chance to use them this resin
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.
Temp. Banned
Dec 18, 2009
1709 posts
912 upvotes
Toronto
For wet and slippery conditions, I thought felt-soled shoes were optimal but not practical for city living. OP, have you considered buying one those hats with built in protection for falls? A lot of curlers use them now.

Here's a review of wading boots that might be of interest. If they can provide traction on slippery, moss covered rocks underwater, I would have to think they would be the best possible thing. Again, practicality for city life is in question but if it's strictly for A to B type use, why not give it shot?

https://manmakesfire.com/best-wading-bo ... y-fishing/
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2012
1474 posts
368 upvotes
Vancouver
hoponpop wrote: For wet and slippery conditions, I thought felt-soled shoes were optimal but not practical for city living. OP, have you considered buying one those hats with built in protection for falls? A lot of curlers use them now.
I actually bought one of those hats on amazon, but it doesn't fit me and looks horrible. doesn't seem like we have many options for hats
Penalty Box
Nov 13, 2010
7814 posts
1867 upvotes
Scarborough
Walking on a-cloud store has some good winter shoes. Check it out

I’ve liked pajar x-ice si far in winters
Jun 2, 2012
329 posts
319 upvotes
NORTH YORK
You should be looking for work boots. I would do a reddit search for non-slip work boots and go from there. For ice, I would get those ‘ice-grips’ - the little rubber things you pull over your shoes that have metal studs on the bottom.

Boots targeted at your ‘average consumer’ are not what you are looking for as they will always prioritize style/looks over functionality.
Oct 18, 2009
122 posts
128 upvotes
Consider LL bean duck boots, if you are ok with the appearance. It does not do great on ice though.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
2133 posts
756 upvotes
Hamilton
Look at some of the Doc Martens, they have pretty good soles grip wise and you can get the heavier soles in shoes or boots.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2012
1474 posts
368 upvotes
Vancouver
Sum_guy wrote: Look at some of the Doc Martens, they have pretty good soles grip wise and you can get the heavier soles in shoes or boots.
thanks, the doc martens look good for winter
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
2133 posts
756 upvotes
Hamilton
SquirreI wrote: thanks, the doc martens look good for winter
The lined ones are quite warm according to my wife and my daughter, both have a pair.
Penalty Box
Nov 13, 2010
7814 posts
1867 upvotes
Scarborough
Olang boots are good too, priced around 250 bucks each

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)