Request-A-Deal

Where to buy Herman Miller Aeron chairs?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2020 7:19 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 18, 2006
422 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto

Where to buy Herman Miller Aeron chairs?

I'm looking for an adjustable Herman Miller Aeron chair... suggestions of where to get it online or in Toronto?

Will they be the same price everywhere?
23 replies
Sep 7, 2007
354 posts
69 upvotes
Bowmanville
Taken directly from the Herman Miller website:

Design Within Reach - Toronto
435 King Street West
Toronto ON M5V 1K4
Canada
Tel + 416 977 4003
Site www.dwr.com
Products available: Classics, Seating, Lighting

Nirvana Home Collection
55 Bloor Street West, #511
Toronto ON M4W 1A5
Canada
Tel + 416 929 8300
Fax + 416 929 5541
Email nirvanahome@rogers.com
Site www.nirvanahome.ca
Products Available: Classics, Lifework Portfolio, Lighting, Seating

Plan b
195 Davenport Road
Toronto ON M5R 1J1
Canada
Tel + 866 657-5262
FAX + 416 941-9010
Email info@planboffice.com
Site www.planboffice.com
Producrs Available: Classics, Seating

Quasi Modo Modern Furniture
789 Queen Street, West
Toronto ON M6J 1G1
Canada
Tel + 416 703 8300
Fax + 416 703 8308
Site www.quasimodomodern.com
Products Available: Classics, Lighting, Seating

I've only been to Nirvana Home Collection so I can't really comment on pricing across the board. Your best bet would be to call these stores. Not too sure about where to buy online within Canada either.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29583 posts
28908 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I'm in the early stages of researching HM chairs. One online source that looks interesting is http://www.gabrielross.com/. They're on the wet coast but they offer free shipping and will price match. Even if you decide to buy locally, you can use them for PM negotiations.

I've also seen online vendors in the US that offer lower prices. If you have an amerifriend in Buffalo, that may be an option.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Dec 9, 2003
5131 posts
979 upvotes
Calgary
Was it too tough to do a search or all forums for "Aeron" ? There are 68 threads with everything from deals, group buys, to knockoffs.
Dec 19, 2004
260 posts
16 upvotes
London
Any places in London Ontario that sell HM chairs?
Aug 20, 2006
116 posts
11 upvotes
I have sold many, in excellent condition, used Herman Miller Aeron chairs over the years on Craigslist, Toronto. I have none to sell now, nor in the future.
Paying full retail for a new Aeron chair is crazy if you ask me. Retail prices vary from $900 to $1,200 for one chair. On Craigslist, you can usually find used ones in excellent condition for around or just under $600.

A few things about the Herman Miller Aeron chair; it will probably be the last office chair you ever purchase. They are well worth every dollar. They really are excellent. Very very comfortable and the mesh fits your body to perfection. If you do buy one, make sure you get the office chair (arms move up and down) vs. the boardroom chair (arms do not move up and down). Depending on your body frame and height; they come in different sizes; A, B and C.
Dec 19, 2004
260 posts
16 upvotes
London
Rayban123 wrote: I have sold many, in excellent condition, used Herman Miller Aeron chairs over the years on Craigslist, Toronto. I have none to sell now, nor in the future.
Paying full retail for a new Aeron chair is crazy if you ask me. Retail prices vary from $900 to $1,200 for one chair. On Craigslist, you can usually find used ones in excellent condition for around or just under $600.

A few things about the Herman Miller Aeron chair; it will probably be the last office chair you ever purchase. They are well worth every dollar. They really are excellent. Very very comfortable and the mesh fits your body to perfection. If you do buy one, make sure you get the office chair (arms move up and down) vs. the boardroom chair (arms do not move up and down). Depending on your body frame and height; they come in different sizes; A, B and C.
thanks for the tips. Any advice on deciding between the Aeron and Embody models?
Aug 20, 2006
116 posts
11 upvotes
JaYBirD wrote: thanks for the tips. Any advice on deciding between the Aeron and Embody models?
The thing with the Aeron chair is the mesh. It is breathable and it adjusts to your exact body. The Embody chair doesn't have this mesh.

The only other chair that comes close to the Herman Miller Aeron chair is
http://www.ergohuman.com/ but you rarely ever see these come up used for sale.

My 2 cents; stick with the Aeron. It will probably be the last office chair you ever buy and you wont regret it either
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2258 posts
438 upvotes
Toronto West
Rayban123 wrote: The thing with the Aeron chair is the mesh. It is breathable and it adjusts to your exact body. The Embody chair doesn't have this mesh.

My 2 cents; stick with the Aeron. It will probably be the last office chair you ever buy and you wont regret it either
The Ergohuman is made by Raynor who also makes the chairs for Realspace (Office Depot's Brand)

The Realspace 9000 uses the bulk of the components as the Ergohuman and can be found with the seperate headrest

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/5 ... ycled-Mid/

These were recently recalled (BY RAYNOR) due to 2 bolts that need to be replaced. You can still find these instore but for some reason, not on the office depot canada site.

Here is one of the old threads about this chair
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/od-r ... es-685543/

dollar for dollar this is a fair substitute for the Aeron
Feedback - Hofo--Heatware--RedFlag[/B]
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2006
1084 posts
532 upvotes
Rayban123 wrote: The thing with the Aeron chair is the mesh. It is breathable and it adjusts to your exact body. The Embody chair doesn't have this mesh.

I did an eval. on the various HM chairs and ended up buying the Mirra chair for our workstations. The basic Mirra is just as comfortable as the Aeron and cheaper. It also features the mesh back but it is less adjustable than the Aeron.

Of course the execs. got the Aeron because they look cooler...
Jan 16, 2010
7 posts
toronto
bumping this thread. I've visited Quasi Modo, Nirvana, DWR and Plan B. Does anyone know if any of these stores will be willing adjust the price a little to get your business? Or do they usually stick to the MSRP? Seems like these chairs rarely go on sale?
Jan 16, 2010
7 posts
toronto
Not sure if the other stores have also lowered their prices, but Nirvana currently has a fully loaded Aeron chair with armrests priced at $950. The basic, no-armrest, less features Aeron is now priced around $615.
Feb 19, 2010
15 posts
3 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Check with office furniture liquidators in your area. The business downturn in Canada and the US means there is a bunch of used/liquidated product on the market, for much less than buying new.

FWIW, the Teknion Contessa is more comfortable and the mesh won't eat your pants.
Nov 5, 2009
91 posts
4 upvotes
finikia wrote: bumping this thread. I've visited Quasi Modo, Nirvana, DWR and Plan B. Does anyone know if any of these stores will be willing adjust the price a little to get your business? Or do they usually stick to the MSRP? Seems like these chairs rarely go on sale?
Did anyone end up getting this chair? What seems to be a reasonable price?
Dec 9, 2002
560 posts
36 upvotes
Vancouver
difference between Herman Miller Fully Loaded Aeron and Fully Loaded Aeron Executive?
Dec 28, 2011
351 posts
137 upvotes
TORONTO
Also looking for a deal on this chair - thanks for the grshop.com link - it does seem to be the cheapest I've found (excluding the scam site madisonseating.com). Not sure if I can make it until June's semi-annual 15% sale... my back is killing me.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
HM chairs are overhyped. Bought a Mira from GabrielRoss and within the first week, the 'oooh and ahhh' effect wore off. For $800, it's not worth it. $200-$300 tops!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)