None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2006
2949 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver

Where to buy jigsaw puzzles?

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I didnt see a toys forum.

Im looking to buy a Jigsaw Puzzle. This one in particular.

http://www.amazon.com/United-Dragons-Eu ... 929&sr=8-3

They wont ship to Canada, and going to the website directly only sells the puzzle for $25 more, and another $28 for shipping. I also tried Jigsawjungle .com but after shipping and the higher price it comes to $100.

I also visited a bunch of games and hobby stores here around vancouver and couldnt find any stores with a decent selection in larger peice puzzles.

Anybody know a site that sells high peice puzzles and ships to canada for a fair price? (the puzzle above specifically or other cartoon puzzles
Share:
25 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2006
2949 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
Oh yeah I already checked Toys R us, wal-mart, zellers, etc etc. All the retail stores dont have them. toys R us is the only store that comes close, offering up a couple 3000 piece puzzles. It seems most stores carry below 2000 piece. I swear when I was a kid buying puzzles was easier and there was a much bigger selection at places like toysRus
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43368 posts
3062 upvotes
Toronto
007craft wrote:
Jul 28th, 2010 2:16 am
Oh yeah I already checked Toys R us, wal-mart, zellers, etc etc. All the retail stores dont have them. toys R us is the only store that comes close, offering up a couple 3000 piece puzzles. It seems most stores carry below 2000 piece. I swear when I was a kid buying puzzles was easier and there was a much bigger selection at places like toysRus
Yeah, Jigsaw puzzles is a thing of the past, No one plays with them anymore -- Pointless making them!

Just get the 3000 piece puzzles I guess - Since there is nothing else better.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2006
2949 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
ended up buying it from jigsaw jungle. Cost me $97 after shipping and tax. It really blows to be Canadian sometimes. could of got the same puzzle for $50 if I lived in the states or the UK.

Theres 2 or 3 other puzzles I want so if any1 still knows a good store let me know. In the GTA or the GVRD, or online with better pricing and shipping
Mar 30, 2010
739 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Jigzone sells puzzles, not sure of shipping etc though.

Give it a try.

I sometimes 'do' their jigsaws online, the freebies of course. :)
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2004
1995 posts
110 upvotes
Bern, Switzerland / …
Nice to see another puzzle fan!

Have you tried eBay?

We bought a 9,000 piece puzzle of this:
I gave up after 2 hrs. gf spent 6 months (an hour a day) on it.

There's hardly any variety in North America. I know you can get a 18,000 one in London. Of course that will cost you an arm and a leg.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9156 posts
617 upvotes
The store Toys Toys Toys carry a fairly large selection of jigsaw puzzles, but they are only in the GTA and I don't know if they have an online store... and Google give me a warning when trying to go to their website.

I did a bunch of the Simpsons Photomosaic puzzles like this:

I finished about 4 or 5 of them before I hurt my back leaning over so much. Worst... puzzle related injury... ever! Now I've officially retired from jigsaw puzzles.
Nov 5, 2003
309 posts
3 upvotes
how about use mail(parcel) forwarding service?

http://www.myus.com/
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
7477 posts
40 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Aristophanes wrote:
Jul 28th, 2010 9:23 am
Nice to see another puzzle fan!

Have you tried eBay?

We bought a 9,000 piece puzzle of this:
I gave up after 2 hrs. gf spent 6 months (an hour a day) on it.

There's hardly any variety in North America. I know you can get a 18,000 one in London. Of course that will cost you an arm and a leg.
Actually just saw that painting at the Louvre in Paris. Took the guy a year to paint it...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2006
2949 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for the suggestions. Ill check out Toys toys toys once im back eastbound. MyUS makes no sense. It appears they charge you $10 per order, as well as min $20 to ship stuff to you from them, and they only ship via fedex and DHL (expensive). That will just make things more expensive. Most US stores already ship to Canada, they just charge alot in shipping... so myus won't help at all. Myus is basically having a friend in the US who charges you money to forward a package to you. Pointless.

I think 9000 pieces is a little much for me just now. I live in a big house (8 roomates) and everyone has friends coming over, so the puzzle will be done as a community of lots of people. I may have to think about a 9000 piecer in the future.

Theres a guy selling a 18000 piece puzzle here for $60. Good value, but im not fond of the puzzle... way to much bland green. People dont realize that doing large piece puzzles need to have many colours. While nice mountain views with lakes and forests look nice as pictures, they make terrible puzzles. Thats why I prefer doing cartoon puzzles, because they are drawn to include high, unique detail, so you dont get frustrated with pieces which you cant determine where they go.

I just did this one in 1000 piece form and had tons of fun, but finished it in under 4 hours

Im looking to buy the 3000 piece of this one now, after I finish my 4000 piece which I just bought
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2006
2949 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
got it today. me and my housemates did it. 4 or 5 of us over around 8 hours and this is as far as we got. The puzzle is massive

[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2006
2949 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
Less than 2 weeks... done. I dont get how some people take years to finish a puzzle. They must suck at them. I am a little puzzled out ATM tho.

× < >