Fashion & Beauty

Where to buy men's genuine leather belt?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2018 1:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
1872 posts
629 upvotes
Canada

Where to buy men's genuine leather belt?

I'm looking to buy a quality genuine leather belt that will last several years. I'm tired or buying these $25 belts from The Bay/The Gap that only last a year. Any suggestions? I'm looking to pay $50-$100ish.
53 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20289 posts
9115 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
http://www.redwingheritage.com/us/USD/p ... ctDetails1

Best belt I’ve ever purchased. Will last forever.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1470 posts
314 upvotes
Toronto
This is what I learned when looking for a quality belt myself.

A belt that is nothing but leather is described as full grain leather.

Genuine leather is real leather but with bits of other material sandwiched between the leather.

Most belts are the latter, which if not stitched, may fall apart once the glue dries up.
Jan 19, 2008
976 posts
417 upvotes
Etobicoke
I find that it is not the leather, but the buckle that fails.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1700 posts
730 upvotes
Calgary
blindemboss wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 8:05 pm
This is what I learned when looking for a quality belt myself.

A belt that is nothing but leather is described as full grain leather.

Genuine leather is real leather but with bits of other material sandwiched between the leather.

Most belts are the latter, which if not stitched, may fall apart once the glue dries up.
+1. Pretty much every 'genuine leather' belt I've purchased just felt like plastic and cheap. I put a little money into one- it just feels better and better as it ages.
Indexer, non-yield chasing, low cost, broad based, as simple as possible investor.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
1872 posts
629 upvotes
Canada
wm009 wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 8:53 pm
+1. Pretty much every 'genuine leather' belt I've purchased just felt like plastic and cheap. I put a little money into one- it just feels better and better as it ages.
Thanks guys. I'm definitely looking for full grain leather.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
4465 posts
678 upvotes
Montreal
Can anyone comment on the quality of the Allen Edmonds leather belts? I very much like their shoes.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4974 posts
1226 upvotes
Aurora
The best belt I ever owned was a Canali Braided Leather belt I bought at Harry Rosen something like 15 years ago. Solid as a rock and almost infinitely adjustable. I can no longer find them anywhere inexpensively. It finally failed this year from leather fatique.
https://www.harryrosen.com/en/accessori ... p/20017988
Mar 9, 2014
720 posts
301 upvotes
Ottawa
cn_habs wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 3:05 pm
Can anyone comment on the quality of the Allen Edmonds leather belts? I very much like their shoes.
They are great. I have two pair and they've lasted me about 5 years rotating them regularly. Once a year I take a leather conditioner to it. Used to be some good deals on ebay to get them for about 60 a pair. I've since switched to Zelikovitz based on this forums recommendation and its even cheaper and just as nice.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
4465 posts
678 upvotes
Montreal
bobbyz101 wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 1:40 pm
Zelikovitz
bobbyz101 wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 8:41 pm
They are great. I have two pair and they've lasted me about 5 years rotating them regularly. Once a year I take a leather conditioner to it. Used to be some good deals on ebay to get them for about 60 a pair. I've since switched to Zelikovitz based on this forums recommendation and its even cheaper and just as nice.
I bought one from their ebay store years back but all of their buckles still look huge and not dressy enough.
Mar 9, 2014
720 posts
301 upvotes
Ottawa
cn_habs wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 9:54 pm
I bought one from their ebay store years back but all of their buckles still look huge and not dressy enough.
Funny you should say that. Since they’re in Ottawa I was able to stop by the store. They let me exchange the buckle for a more formal one in the store. They’ll also do custom leather colors and lengths if you want it although I didn’t price these out.