Fashion & Apparel

Where to buy men's genuine leather belt?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2018 8:30 pm
Mar 9, 2014
693 posts
259 upvotes
Ottawa
cn_habs wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 9:54 pm
I bought one from their ebay store years back but all of their buckles still look huge and not dressy enough.
Funny you should say that. Since they’re in Ottawa I was able to stop by the store. They let me exchange the buckle for a more formal one in the store. They’ll also do custom leather colors and lengths if you want it although I didn’t price these out.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10332 posts
1116 upvotes
gbill2004 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 1:28 pm
There's no price. How much is it?
It's a Kickstarter. $59USD + $8 S+H each, but limited spots left for early bird prices.

I bought the original version, no complains.
Dec 10, 2017
3 posts
I own several from both Tanner Goods and Brave both already mentioned here and can back up that they last. A few Tanner ones are 4 or 5 years old...a few Brave ones I have had for 20 years. They actually look better with age imo,

If your willing to bump up your budget try Andersens from Italy. Rosens and better independents carry them..;)
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11654 posts
1664 upvotes
City of Vancouver
daywalker wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 8:53 am
Here , try this place.
https://www.braveleather.com/brave-men/
^ Manufactured in Canada products!
De gustibus non est disputandum
"Crazy people will make even sane people crazy."-- Becks
"Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself."-- Confucius
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1519 posts
409 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 2:01 pm
It's a Kickstarter. $59USD + $8 S+H each, but limited spots left for early bird prices.

I bought the original version, no complains.
When I saw smart belt, and that it was on kickstarter, I thought it must be wi-fi enabled or something, lol.

Maybe the next version!
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1741 posts
727 upvotes
Ottawa
Kiraly wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 12:18 pm
Costco has full-grain Levi's leather belts for $25. They fit a little big, get a size smaller for you. I bought the 32" one for my 32" waist and I had to punch another hole in it.
I'm wearing one now and it's not "full-grain". It's "genuine leather", so not the real thing.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7238 posts
1216 upvotes
I honestly don't know how these belts got to Kickstarter since similar micro-adjustment belts with a buckle locking into slots in the belt has been available in Asia for at lease a decade, if not longer.

Aliexpress and ebay are flooded with these and they are like ~$10~13 CAD to start.

The KS belt may have better material and overall buckle design, at lease you would hope for the higher price but the idea is nothing new nor innovative and shame to the maker that makes people backing them thinking otherwise.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
May 8, 2007
778 posts
166 upvotes
Fraser Valley, BC
Kiraly wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 12:18 pm
Costco has full-grain Levi's leather belts for $25. They fit a little big, get a size smaller for you. I bought the 32" one for my 32" waist and I had to punch another hole in it.

I've had a Levi's belt for about 20 years of daily use, probably cost only $10 originally. Not dressy but OK for blue jeans etc. Lasting much longer than expected.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6044 posts
723 upvotes
The truth about "genuine leather":

Genuine Leather

"Genuine leather" is a popular term used on Amazon and eBay often by Chinese sellers because most buyers don't know what it really means.