Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 1, 2006
960 posts
173 upvotes

Where to buy Nespresso Capsules?

Hey,

So I just received a Nespresso Machine for Xmas, and was just curious as to where you can purchase Nespresso Capsules at places other than the Online Store?
I believe you can purchase the packages where they sell the machines (Like Home Outfitters/W-S), but was wondering where the best place would be to purchase some, especially on Boxing Day.

I was reading how people have re-used the capsules and put their own ground espresso into them, which looks like an easy and cheaper alternative to use your own beans. Any of you tried this?
http://www.instructables.com/id/Reuse-y ... easy-and-/
46 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12226 posts
303 upvotes
the bay at the eatons centre in toronto has a dedicated nespresso "store" on their lower concourse
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Aug 1, 2009
9 posts
1 upvote
Home Outfitters, Williams-Sonoma, etc. do not carry the capsules. You can only get them from the Nespresso boutiques (Toronto and Montreal have them) and the online store. Well, and eBay.

I have been using Nespresso machines for several years (D290, Le Cube) but haven't tried refillable capsules. I chose Nespresso in part for how fast it is to make a shot, and how little clean-up there is, so that would defeat my purpose.

What machine did you get?
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
257 upvotes
Mississauga
exstasie wrote:
Dec 25th, 2010 12:15 pm
Hey,

So I just received a Nespresso Machine for Xmas, and was just curious as to where you can purchase Nespresso Capsules at places other than the Online Store?
I believe you can purchase the packages where they sell the machines (Like Home Outfitters/W-S), but was wondering where the best place would be to purchase some, especially on Boxing Day.

I was reading how people have re-used the capsules and put their own ground espresso into them, which looks like an easy and cheaper alternative to use your own beans. Any of you tried this?
http://www.instructables.com/id/Reuse-y ... easy-and-/

I have no idea why someone would buy a Nespresso if this is the sort of thing they want to do. Theres literally a thousand other machines on the market that are built for manually/semi-manually making espresso.
I have the Nespresso Romeo and tend to just buy a big batch of cups online every yr or so.
Owned several semi-manual machines in the past, they're fun but take up a lot of space, can be slow, and inconsistent.
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8636 posts
602 upvotes
GTA
As you have a new machine, the first thing you should do is register your machine and become a part of their "club". You get a registration number and with that since you have a new machine you should be eligible for their introductory "Welcome" pack. That pack has like 250 capsules or something like that and the price per capsule works out cheaper than the normal single sleave price. You can get these welcome packs at the Nespresso store if you want to save on shipping

I highly recommend checking out the dedicated store in the Bay at Yonge/Queen (if you live in Toronto) or one of the other dedicated stores in Canada (I know there is one in Montreal, and I think there is one in Vancouver). At the Toronto one they will let you sample different pods so you can decide what you like best, etc.

Now, talking about alternatives for pods, there is a company that makes them for the european market. I think the patent for the pod design has expired or is close to expire. There is at least one that makes pre-filled pods. There are a few options for "refillable" pods besides the hack that you posted about above. I haven't tried any of the other options but I am kind of curious to try the other pre-filled pods. I will post links here when I get a chance to search for them again.
[OP]
Jun 1, 2006
960 posts
173 upvotes
Thanks YLSF.

Yeah, I did sign up and saw that the "welcome pack", which includes a wooden storage case which looks very nice.

Also, they had a promo where if you purchased a specific machine, they would give you a $75 credit to your online account, so I registered and mailed that out, so its nice that I get the credit. Hopefully I can use that credit towards the welcome pack.

I will definitely check out the store at Yonge/Queen (I believe someone mentioned its in the basement of the Bay?). It's only a 5 minute walk from my place and if I can save that $5 on shipping then I might as well.

Also, my machine came with a sample of every single espresso that they offer. Did you guys receive this as well?

I'll do some looking around for the other generic pods and see what kind of pricing they are for those ones. It's always better to have more variety and selection then less!
Aug 1, 2009
9 posts
1 upvote
exstasie wrote:
Jan 4th, 2011 2:43 pm
Also, my machine came with a sample of every single espresso that they offer. Did you guys receive this as well?

All the machines come with the sampler pack. They more or less have to, since there are so few Nespresso Boutiques that most people who buy a machine wouldn't be able to use it out-of-the-box.

There are no Nespresso-compatible capsules in Canada at this time. Sara Lee, Denner and Ethical Coffee are companies that have announced Nespresso offerings as the patent nears expiration, but it will probably some time before we see availability in Canada.
Jul 10, 2005
978 posts
4 upvotes
York
nespresso is awesome, so convenient.

don't even bother with the frother, 3/4 cup of milk in the microwave for 30 seconds and a shot of the new almond espresso, and good to go!

just need to find a place to get some take out cups and lids?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2005
4878 posts
544 upvotes
exstasie wrote:
Jan 4th, 2011 2:43 pm
I will definitely check out the store at Yonge/Queen (I believe someone mentioned its in the basement of the Bay?). It's only a 5 minute walk from my place and if I can save that $5 on shipping then I might as well.
this will be the best place for you by far

however the shipping is very very easy .... 6 bucks and it's always there the next day before I get home from work (when i'm too lazy to go to the bay)
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1414 posts
147 upvotes
Edmonton
ssainani wrote:
Jan 5th, 2011 3:55 pm
this will be the best place for you by far

however the shipping is very very easy .... 6 bucks and it's always there the next day before I get home from work (when i'm too lazy to go to the bay)

Here is the telephone number for the Bay Queen Street boutique: Nespresso Boutique-coffee machines/refills Phone :( 416) 603-7474. More information about the boutique: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/arch ... c9457.html

I found more information about the Nespresso Club from the Home Outfitters website: http://www.homeoutfitters.com/en/nespresso.html
Aug 1, 2009
9 posts
1 upvote
noodlesalad wrote:
Jan 5th, 2011 3:28 pm
just need to find a place to get some take out cups and lids?

Costco sells them. Also ECS Coffee in Burlington (as most coffee service places, I imagine). I buy my k-cups from them online.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8636 posts
602 upvotes
GTA
Also costco has a ceramic mug with a silicone lid that works pretty well.. Would be more economical than buying disposable cups/lids! (I think it was 4 mugs/lids for $12.99 )
Jan 13, 2012
1 posts
EDMONTON
Hi Extasie,

I got exactly the same deal as you when I got my Nespresso from their boutique at the Bay here in Edmonton. I sent off the $75 offer card and, hey, $75 gets you 250 capsules. Not bad, 33c per capsule. regular price I was told is about 68c. The refillable ones may be worth a shot (pardon the pun). Anywhere in Canada that sells these?
Jun 13, 2005
110 posts
1 upvote
Going to bump this thread because I picked up a Nespresso machine on Cyber Monday at the Bay, marked down $120 to $199. It was a bit of an impulse buy because I would normally have avoided the cup-only style of machine in favour of one that takes ground coffee but c'est la vie. Any recommendations on cheap alternatives to the Nespresso cups or refillable cups would be welcome. I found this place but would like to know if anyone here has tried them: http://shop.coffeeduck.com/en/
Jul 6, 2008
62 posts
4 upvotes
Vaughan
c3apollyon wrote:
Nov 29th, 2012 3:05 pm
Going to bump this thread because I picked up a Nespresso machine on Cyber Monday at the Bay, marked down $120 to $199. It was a bit of an impulse buy because I would normally have avoided the cup-only style of machine in favour of one that takes ground coffee but c'est la vie. Any recommendations on cheap alternatives to the Nespresso cups or refillable cups would be welcome. I found this place but would like to know if anyone here has tried them: http://shop.coffeeduck.com/en/
Absolutely in the same boat:-) (only got it from Home Outfitters instead with PM)
Was wondering if you - or anyone else - did get that 250 cups welcome pack - it comes with a Totem/Box gift for storing capsules. However, the price per capsule would be almost the same with buying separately...On the other side - I couldn't see the option where you could chose which blends you want. Because after finishing the 16 sampler - I wouldn't want more than 7-8 of the variations.

As for your suggestion - I would explore maybe another brand pre-filled capsule - but not re-fillable ones...If that would have been the case....better wait a bit more (money wise/kitchen space) and get the Rancilio or Gaggia or another semi-automatic machine and do everything by myself.
× < >