Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 11, 2007
391 posts
40 upvotes
GTA

where to buy new sewing machine

I am looking to buy a new sewing machine primarily for home decorating projects, sewing canvas bags and making crafty things. I have sewn before but that was decades ago. These days all the machines are so computerized, don't know which ones are good brands and will stand up to use. I am willing to spend up to $500. Also, is there a place I can buy from that offer some lessons on using the machine and give refresher sewing lessons? Any recommendations for brand or places to buy from? I am in North York so anywhere here or in GTA is okay.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2454 posts
439 upvotes
Ottawa
If you are not far from Centerpoint mall on Steeles and Yonge, you can check one store out.
Dont remember the name, but it's located on the North entry, the one between Zellers and Bay entries.
You just enter the mall and on the left hand side you'll see the store.
they are many years there, we have bought something from them about 5 years ago and it was good product.

just gogled for them and found the name and contact number:
Singer Sewing Centre
416-226-3548
Jul 7, 2009
167 posts
29 upvotes
Hey, what type of sewing machine are you looking for? My family has a few industrial sewing machines, 3-4 I think, I remember they were trying to sell them since we are moving. My parents have noted that it isn't worth buying sewing machines from retail stores like Zellers and Walmart.
[OP]
Jan 11, 2007
391 posts
40 upvotes
GTA
Don't need industrial machine at this time. Consumers Reports had Bernina, Brother, and Janome as recommended. Just need to find stores where I can check these out as a starting point in my shopping search.