Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2326 posts
685 upvotes
Acton, Ontario

Where to buy Nokia Lumia 1020

I thought I would give this phone a try, but I'm having hard time finding where to buy this.
Microsoft had it for sale in January for $349 which is a good price, but it's out of stock now.
Could you point out few places, Canadian and US to buy this from that would keep me under $400Can tax in ?
Thanks all.
1 reply
Dec 1, 2012
320 posts
114 upvotes
Victoria
Not only is it out of stock now, but it looks like they've actually taken it off their site as well. Your best bet is probably buying one used at this point. Screen replacement on the 1020 is ridiculously easy if you're so inclined. I've done two so far, cost of the screen is about $125 from parts4repair.com, they sell OEM parts, (any non-OEM is clearly identified as such)

Another alternative, which may take some digging, is a refurbed Verizon Lumia Icon. I just got one of those for $260US. They work find on HSPA in Canada, just no LTE. All Verizon LTE phones are unlocked out of the box. The Icon "only" has a 20MP camera, but with the latest Denim update it is BLAZINGLY fast, and you get the new Rich Capture feature on the camera; something the 1020 will never support.