Food & Drink

Locked: where to buy non halal chicken/ meat from?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2015 10:34 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2008
1352 posts
97 upvotes
Oh look OP attracted the bigots. Good job.
Jun 26, 2012
456 posts
82 upvotes
canada
hi-tech wrote: 95% of place are non-halal. What a ridiculous flame bait thread.

95 percent of statistics are made up. Please support your 95% quote with references, science and facts.
Jun 26, 2012
456 posts
82 upvotes
canada
Samwfive wrote: +1

A lightning rod to skewer all the bigots, ignoramuseseses...
A person who pays money to religious cults via halal costs or kosher costs so they can worship a non-existent deity is indeed an ignoramus. A catholic, protestant, or atheist, who contributes money to a religious cult that is cruel to animals, is indeed an ignoramus.
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
dontplaywithfire wrote: A person who pays money to religious cults via halal costs or kosher costs so they can worship a non-existent deity is indeed an ignoramus. A catholic, protestant, or atheist, who contributes money to a religious cult that is cruel to animals, is indeed an ignoramus.
Won't scoop down to your level but I always find it funny how people are allowed religious insult without much backlash yet these religious folks can't say a word against homos without the media going crazy.

The agenda is clear.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough
dontplaywithfire wrote: 95 percent of statistics are made up. Please support your 95% quote with references, science and facts.
Can you back up your claim of "95% of statistics are made up" with references, science and facts?
dontplaywithfire wrote: A person who pays money to religious cults via halal costs or kosher costs so they can worship a non-existent deity is indeed an ignoramus. A catholic, protestant, or atheist, who contributes money to a religious cult that is cruel to animals, is indeed an ignoramus.
Captain Obvious.
Jun 26, 2012
456 posts
82 upvotes
canada
ar2020 wrote: Won't scoop down to your level but I always find it funny how people are allowed religious insult without much backlash yet these religious folks can't say a word against homos without the media going crazy.

The agenda is clear.
LOL, that's because when you criticize religion you are criticizing irrational, non scientific superstition. When you attack gay people, you are attacking something that is natural and scientific seen in nature.

There is nothing superstitious or unscientific about being gay - it happens in nature in animals all the time.. However there is something superstitous and unscientific about religion. Should we attack things that are superstitious and irrational? Absolutely. Should we attack gay people because it is rational and happens in nature all the time due to brain differences that we are born with or develop? That would be like attacking a short person just because he was born short... that is not right.

Should we attack irrational behavior by atheists? absolutely, and we do that. Should we attack natural, rational behavior by gays, who are simply acting on their natural brain impulses? No we should not attack them - it's natural. Religion is not natural - it's magic. It's bogus. It's a scam. Being gay is not a scam. It's just what the person was born with, or developed... like how a person is born with blonde or brown hair, or develops brown hair as they get past 2 years old and previously had blonde hair. It's science. Religion is not science, and must be attacked.

They are two different things... you offered a straw man.

Science builds us airplanes. Religion flies airplanes into buildings.
Jun 26, 2012
456 posts
82 upvotes
canada
Samwfive wrote: Can you back up your claim of "95% of statistics are made up" with references, science and facts?
That's the whole point of the quote... it's made up too.. proving my point.. i.e. you completely missed the irony, sarcasm, and other obvious clues that went with it. It's an ironic quote and the whole point of that quote is to make you think recursively about statistics being made up, including that very statistic itself. But I am sure you do not understand recursion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recursion
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
dontplaywithfire wrote: LOL, that's because when you criticize religion you are criticizing irrational, non scientific superstition. When you attack gay people, you are attacking something that is natural and scientific seen in nature.

There is nothing superstitious or unscientific about being gay - it happens in nature in animals all the time.. However there is something superstitous and unscientific about religion. Should we attack things that are superstitious and irrational? Absolutely. Should we attack gay people because it is rational and happens in nature all the time due to brain differences that we are born with or develop? That would be like attacking a short person just because he was born short... that is not right.

Should we attack irrational behavior by atheists? absolutely, and we do that. Should we attack natural, rational behavior by gays, who are simply acting on their natural brain impulses? No we should not attack them - it's natural. Religion is not natural - it's magic. It's bogus. It's a scam. Being gay is not a scam. It's just what the person was born with, or developed... like how a person is born with blonde or brown hair, or develops brown hair as they get past 2 years old and previously had blonde hair. It's science. Religion is not science, and must be attacked.

They are two different things... you offered a straw man.

Science builds us airplanes. Religion flies airplanes into buildings.
Why do humans need water to function and there is water in this world? Or is it a coincidence (lol)?

Though not gay but I have the same beef for the whole LGBT community so explain what is "natural" about Caitlin Jenner lol? I can offend trannies because they're essentially as a WHOLE not natural lol?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough
dontplaywithfire wrote: That's the whole point of the quote... it's made up too.. proving my point.. i.e. you completely missed the irony, sarcasm, and other obvious clues that went with it. It's an ironic quote and the whole point of that quote is to make you think recursively about statistics being made up, including that very statistic itself. But I am sure you do not understand recursion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recursion
Aww, I still got you to explain thyself.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8086 posts
3872 upvotes
ar2020 wrote: Why do humans need water to function and there is water in this world? Or is it a coincidence (lol)?

Though not gay but I have the same beef for the whole LGBT community so explain what is "natural" about Caitlin Jenner lol? I can offend trannies because they're essentially as a WHOLE not natural lol?
I'm not understanding what you find so funny about transgendered people. Are you 12?
Nov 8, 2014
161 posts
31 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Kherani wrote: Probably bigotry
Or concerns over idiotic and useless animal cruelty for the sake of pleasing an imaginary man in the sky.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 13, 2007
5058 posts
1279 upvotes
GTA
DoughHead wrote: Or concerns over idiotic and useless animal cruelty for the sake of pleasing an imaginary man in the sky.
I'd reckon that letting the animal bleed out is a lot more humane than some of the other slaughtering methods.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
I find it comical that the muslim users instantly cry bigotry, racism, and ignorance any time the topic of muslim meat comes up, and someone says they won't eat it or dislike it.

So let me get this straight - we don't follow your religion and because we refuse to buy your religious products, that qualifies us as racists and bigots?

It's a pathetic comeback, and far too easy to cry.. all this thread is missing is pakmode with his pitchfork to lead the rest
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
Kherani wrote: I'd reckon that letting the animal bleed out is a lot more humane than some of the other slaughtering methods.
I'd reckon otherwise

When is a slow death ever the preferred way to go?

But that's another argument for another thread
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough
duckdown wrote: I as well do my best to avoid anything halol like the plague

Popeyes and Hero burger are just 2 of several restaurants I will never spend money at because of it
duckdown wrote: It's not only unnecessarily cruel, but the meat itself also seems to be of interior quality. I would never spend my money on it voluntarily.
duckdown wrote: I find it comical that the muslim users instantly cry bigotry, racism, and ignorance any time the topic of muslim meat comes up, and someone says they won't eat it or dislike it.

So let me get this straight - we don't follow your religion and because we refuse to buy your religious products, that qualifies us as racists and bigots?

It's a pathetic comeback, and far too easy to cry.. all this thread is missing is pakmode with his pitchfork to lead the rest
NOBODY's forcing you to buy halal/kosher/any religious products. My fellow RFD member, learn to be tolerant of others instead trying incite.

For the record, I don't shop halal nor kosher. :)
Sep 30, 2001
30160 posts
10147 upvotes
Toronto
well that was a fruitful discussion.
Be kind and civil with one another

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)