• May 1st, 2005 9:48 am
Tags:
None
Jun 22, 2003
635 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto

Re: Where to buy Old Dutch chips in Toronto

To follow up on the Pringles Ketchup thread.

Where can I buy Old Dutch chips in Toronto?

specifically the Ketchup and Taco ones?

Help a former Westerner out.

Dave
40 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2003
5604 posts
438 upvotes
Mississauga
Originally posted by davecanada@Feb 27 2004, 11:49 AM
To follow up on the Pringles Ketchup thread.

Where can I buy Old Dutch chips in Toronto?

specifically the Ketchup and Taco ones?

Help a former Westerner out.

Dave
unforunately u can't

from what i learned in my marketing class in high school...

it seems that old dutch tried to launch here, but couldn't with the big boys already well established in the market... they dropped their prices significantly to keep old dutch outta supermarkets so they were here for a short time but pulled out.. :(

i love old dutch chips too.. they rock! but ever since i moved to Toronto, i haven't had any -_-

i miss thunder crunch too :P
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2003
8451 posts
16 upvotes
I had no idea you didnt have old dutch chips....
that sucks
People who are in my gang: Nikita, Spidey, weedb0y, jcoltage, deep, pitz, Sylvestre, Icedawn, 3weddings, Ambermoon, CSK'sMom, jazzsax, bokep, matdwyer, Dash, KorruptioN, angekfire, sxz, WontonTiger, YYZFA, king_george, 45ED, sxz, Ojam

*WE GONNA GIT YOU!
Feb 18, 2003
10 posts
wow, that bites.

want me to ship you a case? ^_^
Dec 24, 2003
86 posts
Well they sell Old Dutch chips in the new flavour line called Rave near my house at a Hasty Market in the Junction (Dundas West and High Park avenue)

They are the only 1.79 for a large bag of chips

flavours they sell:
salt & pepper
bbq
buffalo wings
roast turkey
and a couple others...
:rolleyes: ---- :arrow: :cheesygri
"I'm with Stupid"
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2003
5604 posts
438 upvotes
Mississauga
Originally posted by davecanada@Feb 27 2004, 01:49 PM
Well I have found the Ketchup (and buffalo wings, cheese and onion, and a few other) at a store on Bloor. (I forget which one.) I am still trying to find more selection.

Ps- Yes they still come a box.

D
so they do exist in toronto? sweet!

guide me oh wise one to the chips fair and tasty!
Sep 6, 2003
899 posts
3 upvotes
Originally posted by sic_e _deals@Feb 29 2004, 03:06 PM
Well they sell Old Dutch chips in the new flavour line called Rave near my house at a Hasty Market in the Junction (Dundas West and High Park avenue)

They are the only 1.79 for a large bag of chips

flavours they sell:
salt & pepper
bbq
buffalo wings
roast turkey
and a couple others...
can you give the name of the hasty market or address? i live nearby. thanks
Aug 11, 2003
236 posts
4 upvotes
Summerland, BC
Damn, one more reason not to move back east.
Apr 28, 2001
14 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I'm another ex-westerner who has looked for these for years. Every now and then I find them at a small convenience store, but never for long and never reliably.

I think they still have a small foothold in Toronto but not as much as they should.

Maybe someone wants to contact the company and ask for a list of local outlets...
Apr 7, 2003
867 posts
66 upvotes
North York
Originally posted by sammy@Feb 29 2004, 08:19 PM

can you give the name of the hasty market or address? i live nearby. thanks
Umm, wouldn't it be called "Hasty Market"?
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2001
2724 posts
37 upvotes
Eastern and NW Ontar…
Old Dutch was a real eye opener for my kids when we started going to the cabin in northwestern Ontario and getting them, now I have to bring them back whenever I travel out there!

Its a Safeway thing and they wont let them come out east!
Dell Alienware Aurora R8
Asus ROG 17"
Ipad Air 2
Feb 18, 2003
10 posts
Originally posted by M-e-X-x@Mar 2 2004, 07:00 AM
here's their website

http://www.olddutchfoods.com/

nothing much though

u can email them for a listing
I emailed them a couple of days ago and this is what they wrote:
March 2, 2004

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for your letter and interest in sampling our product.

Due to the high cost and time-consuming process to ship our products outside our distribution area, Old Dutch has made the executive decision to stop this service. 

At the present, we are looking into better and cheaper ways for our national consumers to also enjoy our product. 

Again thank you for your interest in Old Dutch Foods.

Yours Truly,

Old Dutch Foods Ltd.

Belinda Simms
Consumer Care Representative
Jul 8, 2003
103 posts
Ok I love those chips too and I found them.

First place (where I used to live):
A video store on Lakeshore right beside Mimico. I think it is called "1000 videos." I could be wrong on the name but the sign is all red text on a white background.

Second place (Just found this one three weeks ago)
Lakeshore and Erin Mills. I can't remember the store but it is east of Erin Mills in the same little strip mall as the Pizza Nova.

Not sure if any of these locations are good for you but those are the only ones I know about.

ps. I take a bag of chips with me to work almost everyday for lunch :)
Got my heatware on!
17 to 0
Dec 24, 2003
86 posts
OK I suddenly had a craving for chips (induced no doubt) so I wandered up to the Hasty Market @ 3076 Dundas street west (1 block west of High Park Avenue) Low and behold they had at least 6 different flavours of the original Old Dutch chips and another 5 of the new rave line.

Go get em tiger!
"I'm with Stupid"
Sep 6, 2003
899 posts
3 upvotes
Originally posted by sic_e _deals@Mar 13 2004, 06:39 AM
OK I suddenly had a craving for chips (induced no doubt) so I wandered up to the Hasty Market @ 3076 Dundas street west (1 block west of High Park Avenue) Low and behold they had at least 6 different flavours of the original Old Dutch chips and another 5 of the new rave line.

Go get em tiger!
thanks for the address. i'm headed to that area today for parcel pickup. mouth watering now.
Sep 6, 2003
899 posts
3 upvotes
well, bought old dutch at the hasty market and tried them for first time. tried some of the bbq and then sour cream & onion. bbq has too much seasoning. sour cream & onion are pretty good. i don't see much difference between old dutch and lays or humpty dumpty. maybe old dutch is a bit less greasy. don't think i'll go out of my way to get them again.
Dec 24, 2003
86 posts
Originally posted by sammy@Mar 13 2004, 06:51 PM
well, bought old dutch at the hasty market and tried them for first time. tried some of the bbq and then sour cream & onion. bbq has too much seasoning. sour cream & onion are pretty good. i don't see much difference between old dutch and lays or humpty dumpty. maybe old dutch is a bit less greasy. don't think i'll go out of my way to get them again.
Yeah those Rave BBQ chips are very flavourful but not great. My favourites are the salt & pepper and Cheddar jalepeno. I'm going to try the regular Old Dutch brand next time I'm there.

I think these chips are slightly healthier than the Lays and Humpties according to my "Ice cream and chocolate is good for you diet" but they are still complex carb filled potato chips. Bah! pass me a Sleaman Clear
"I'm with Stupid"
Banned
Aug 3, 2003
970 posts
2 upvotes
No old dutch? Here in Calgary, Old dutch has just as big of a market share as does Frito-Lays.

You guys are really missing out on the Dutch Crunch Mesquite BBQ chips, those are the best there is IMHO

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)