• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2005 9:48 am
Tags:
None
Sep 6, 2003
899 posts
2 upvotes
Originally posted by sic_e _deals@Mar 13 2004, 06:39 AM
OK I suddenly had a craving for chips (induced no doubt) so I wandered up to the Hasty Market @ 3076 Dundas street west (1 block west of High Park Avenue) Low and behold they had at least 6 different flavours of the original Old Dutch chips and another 5 of the new rave line.

Go get em tiger!
thanks for the address. i'm headed to that area today for parcel pickup. mouth watering now.
Sep 6, 2003
899 posts
2 upvotes
well, bought old dutch at the hasty market and tried them for first time. tried some of the bbq and then sour cream & onion. bbq has too much seasoning. sour cream & onion are pretty good. i don't see much difference between old dutch and lays or humpty dumpty. maybe old dutch is a bit less greasy. don't think i'll go out of my way to get them again.
Dec 24, 2003
86 posts
High Park/Junction
Originally posted by sammy@Mar 13 2004, 06:51 PM
well, bought old dutch at the hasty market and tried them for first time. tried some of the bbq and then sour cream & onion. bbq has too much seasoning. sour cream & onion are pretty good. i don't see much difference between old dutch and lays or humpty dumpty. maybe old dutch is a bit less greasy. don't think i'll go out of my way to get them again.
Yeah those Rave BBQ chips are very flavourful but not great. My favourites are the salt & pepper and Cheddar jalepeno. I'm going to try the regular Old Dutch brand next time I'm there.

I think these chips are slightly healthier than the Lays and Humpties according to my "Ice cream and chocolate is good for you diet" but they are still complex carb filled potato chips. Bah! pass me a Sleaman Clear
:rolleyes: ---- :arrow: :cheesygri
"I'm with Stupid"
Banned
Aug 3, 2003
970 posts
1 upvote
Calgary, AB
No old dutch? Here in Calgary, Old dutch has just as big of a market share as does Frito-Lays.

You guys are really missing out on the Dutch Crunch Mesquite BBQ chips, those are the best there is IMHO
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2001
2456 posts
299 upvotes
Ajax
Don't quote me on this, but I remember reading that when they tried to launch in Ontario, Humpty Dumpty was buying them up and dumping them.

Just a useless tidbit I remember reading somewhere that finally came in handy. :)
[OP]
Jun 22, 2003
607 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
davecanada wrote:To follow up on the Pringles Ketchup thread.

Where can I buy Old Dutch chips in Toronto?

specifically the Ketchup and Taco ones?

Help a former Westerner out.

Dave
One year later and still looking
Deal Addict
May 6, 2003
1043 posts
2 upvotes
You can order them online:

http://olddutchfoods.ca/indexC.cfm

They charge $15 for a box with up to 5 different flavours (3 boxes, 2 bags), plus another $15 for shipping.

I don't miss them that much for $6 a bag/box.

There used to be a website for expat Winnipegers that compiled a list of where you could find them in Toronto. This is a link to that list, but it is probably at least a couple of years old, so YMMV:

http://members.shaw.ca/tomwpg/es_olddutch.html
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2003
4907 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
I know they have them at King's Market, King and Shaw. The Sour Cream and Onion ones are deadly. So much salt or MSG. But soooooooo good.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9168 posts
841 upvotes
GTA
I am pretty sure I have seen them in local grocery stores (Dominion, loblaws, etc) in the last few months... I will keep an eye out next time I am there.
Nov 26, 2004
197 posts
32 upvotes
I remember having Humpty Dumpty's S&V when I lived briefly in Ont. years ago - best S&V chips ever! So much flavour! Which is the more popular company in the east - Lays or Humpty Dumpty?

And does anyone know where to buy HD chips in Calgary, if such a thing is possible?
Sep 22, 2004
874 posts
8 upvotes
Ajax
I was just wondering if the flavour bacon still exists or even existed?

For some unknown reason I feel like I almost imagined this flavour, and if it did exist, does it still or has it been discontinued, and if discontinued, approx. when?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1698 posts
37 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
are they that good?? i have a box upstairs and i think my parents got them at like walmart or something, illl try and wake up and remember to ask where they got them!
Looking for an educational source to help pass your G1 written driving test? Check out DrivingTests101.com
It helped me pass my test and had a lot of great resources!
[OP]
Jun 22, 2003
607 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
milhaus wrote:I know they have them at King's Market, King and Shaw. The Sour Cream and Onion ones are deadly. So much salt or MSG. But soooooooo good.
Glad to hear, our condo will be @ King / Shaw next year!!
Sep 6, 2003
899 posts
2 upvotes
why can't eating chips be healthy?? i have a craving now. i might look for old dutch at the hasty market on dundas w. soon.