Cell Phones

Where to buy an Otterbox Defender case? (Not B&M)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2014 9:15 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11420 posts
2397 upvotes
Montreal

Where to buy an Otterbox Defender case? (Not B&M)

I need to replace my current otterbox defender case for my iPhone4, as it is very much worn out.
I was about to pull the trigger on amazon.ca when I read about fake otterbox cases getting into their supplies.
If I buy online on eBay, it is almost 100% sure it will be a fake.
If I buy in B&M store, I will pay 59.99$

confused: confused: What do I do? Where do I go? Which do I what? Whence do from? :confused: confused:
21 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
1691 posts
166 upvotes
take a chance and buy on ebay, or fork over the cash for ease of mind is my suggestion....there are reputable dealers on ebay so I would read up on them, read feedback and give them a shot first...
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11420 posts
2397 upvotes
Montreal
redsfan wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 9:41 am
take a chance and buy on ebay, or fork over the cash for ease of mind is my suggestion....there are reputable dealers on ebay so I would read up on them, read feedback and give them a shot first...
You'd be surprised. I bought an otterbox before from eBay, with a guy with 5000+ ratings, 99% satisfaction. It was a fake otterbox. Most people don't know about the fake otterboxes.
Heck I didn't know it was a fake until I heard about fake otterboxes and looked carefully at the one I had.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
1691 posts
166 upvotes
alkizmo wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 9:45 am
You'd be surprised. I bought an otterbox before from eBay, with a guy with 5000+ ratings, 99% satisfaction. It was a fake otterbox. Most people don't know about the fake otterboxes.
Heck I didn't know it was a fake until I heard about fake otterboxes and looked carefully at the one I had.
I hear ya...best to bite the bullet and shop at a store...looking for open box, or sales, etc.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11420 posts
2397 upvotes
Montreal
redsfan wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 10:57 am
I hear ya...best to bite the bullet and shop at a store...looking for open box, or sales, etc.
Yeah, I guess I'll keep looking. It's no longer a popular model (3 year old model) so I doubt there will ever be sales for the iPhone 4 case, nor open boxes, since the only B&M stocks I can find are on their online store (still 59.99).

I was just hoping someone knew of a legit online store that had real stock. It sucks that amazon is tainted, because the 20$ price is attractive... if I was sure it was legit.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
3760 posts
2894 upvotes
Toronto
Might want to try Staples (Bureau en Gros). Around boxing day, I stopped by a Staples and their clearance bins were full of accessories, cases, etc. for iPhone4 and even older models. That kind of stuff will no longer be listed on their website, and YMMV by location.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
4967 posts
1079 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
alll my otterbox came from bestbuy i just pm @ amazon

Freedom Mobile

[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11420 posts
2397 upvotes
Montreal
d1ulove3 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 12:14 pm
alll my otterbox came from bestbuy i just pm @ amazon
Really?! So I could just walk up to a BB that has it in stock, show them this amazon.ca page, and they won't just say that it doesn't have a matching product number to theirs? Which is ORCIP4SBK and cant be found anywhere else than Futureshop.ca and Bestbuy.ca's websites?
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
1691 posts
166 upvotes
alkizmo wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 1:08 pm
Really?! So I could just walk up to a BB that has it in stock, show them this amazon.ca page, and they won't just say that it doesn't have a matching product number to theirs? Which is ORCIP4SBK and cant be found anywhere else than Futureshop.ca and Bestbuy.ca's websites?
I did not know this but it seems true. Keep in mind that amazon does charge for some items so that could affect things?
Nov 2, 2012
222 posts
8 upvotes
alkizmo wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 1:08 pm
Yeah, that's what I did. I printed out Amazon's offer and PM'd. They don't look so close like for product number because different countries, suppliers can get different codes sometimes. As long as the product is the same. He might ask you about shipping price which is most likely nil because of super saver.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11420 posts
2397 upvotes
Montreal
BastianS wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 5:17 pm
Yeah, that's what I did. I printed out Amazon's offer and PM'd. They don't look so close like for product number because different countries, suppliers can get different codes sometimes. As long as the product is the same. He might ask you about shipping price which is most likely nil because of super saver.
Cool, I will give it a shot at Futureshop during my lunch break on Monday (it's a little remote Futureshop, very quiet, very calm, no line up).
I don't mind the shipping, it's 5$ from Amazon and with the 10% discount on the difference from FS's PM policy, I will almost get it back down to 20$, which is a great price for a genuine otterbox.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2324 posts
580 upvotes
Lindsay, ON
I have a brand new defender series otterbox that I got from the source back when I had a 4S. Holster and all. $15 I'm in calgary though. I'd mail it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
8329 posts
911 upvotes
The source was selling these for cheap. I think they were selling for $20.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1195 posts
144 upvotes
Montreal
spike1128 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 7:23 pm
The source was selling these for cheap. I think they were selling for $20.
yeah but it was only a deal of the day kind of sale
Nov 26, 2008
183 posts
6 upvotes
Vaughan
Usually I try directly buying from Amazon.ca and not the merchants. Gocellular.ca is pretty good too, they don't sell fakes.