Where to buy photo sleeves?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2009 5:34 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2887 posts
221 upvotes

Where to buy photo sleeves?

I've been asked for some prints and started selling some recently to friends and friends of friends. I feel bad whenever I ship them or present them because I typically just throw them all in a mailer without anything to protect the prints.

I'm looking for a place to buy clear sleeves (and maybe some cardboard backings) for 4x6 and 5x7. I've found a place online, but it requires minimum orders and shipping. Does anyone know a decent place locally (in TO) that has this sort of stuff at a reasonable cost?

Neil
Neil Ta, Epic Wedding Photographer. My Instagram
4 replies
Apr 20, 2005
460 posts
26 upvotes
Look at sports card stores, I think they sell things like this at Legends of the Game at King and John St. I think they call them toploaders.

They will protect the image and the stores oten use them when people purchase signed 8x10s and larger posters.

Hope that helps.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2887 posts
221 upvotes
I know what top loaders are in sports card lingo...but I just need thin sleeves for photos, to use as a protective layer of sorts.

Top loaders are far too thick for what I am looking for. Guess I will need to buy online.
Neil Ta, Epic Wedding Photographer. My Instagram
Feb 21, 2006
59 posts
I have found some at my local dollar store. They are for 8x10's but you can easily cut them in two, and use both halves.

I have even bought one of their cheap photo albums and dissected it.

They also have cheap mailing envelopes.

Dollarama strikes again.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2007
6686 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
When mailing you can use a cereal box and cut it to your shape, then place the photo in one of the sleeves that they sell at dollarama (as the above mentioned)
× < >