• Jul 13th, 2018 6:28 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2598 posts
487 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
ive just checked r4 homepage http://www.r4i-sdhc.hk/indexe.asp and it seems there hasnt been any update on the latest firmware.
maybe they've stopped?

can anyone recommend a priced = value card? because ive only used R4 in the past.
now im looking to get one for a DSI
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2006
1731 posts
223 upvotes
Burlington
mcbain wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 12:26 pm
those r4-sdhc.hk are not very good, not updatable i think

better use upgradable cards like those

http://www.ndslstore.com/product_info.p ... cts_id=328

and ready to go for firmware 1.45 and 3ds 4.5

i have one myself and games load ultra fast, 5 times fastest than others r4i, even acekard
So let me get this straight, with the R4i White 4.5.0-10 from http://www.ndslstore.com, you can play DS backups on your 3DS? I like how they're in Quebec too... yay no duty!

EDIT: Is 3DS copy protection just too good? Or has no one bothered cracking it yet?
Nov 30, 2005
220 posts
16 upvotes
yes you can play DS, DSI game on 3DS, but the 3DS games are not playable yet on any cards
Jun 18, 2008
854 posts
53 upvotes
will these cards work on a 3DS XL? is there a good site/forum that will provide step by step information on how to obtain one of these cards and get it working to play DS/DSI backups?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2002
4155 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
anything named R4 is a fake/rip off from another cart, R4 dropped out in 2008 but companies rip their name and other cart os's. Your best bet is going for a DSTWO supercard
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2011
1648 posts
692 upvotes
DJXP wrote:
Jan 10th, 2013 2:21 pm
anything named R4 is a fake/rip off from another cart, R4 dropped out in 2008 but companies rip their name and other cart os's. Your best bet is going for a DSTWO supercard
This.

You could also get a Acekard 2i, it's basically a cheaper alternative to the DSTWO Card.

http://www.acekard.com/distributors.php
Nov 30, 2005
220 posts
16 upvotes
acekard? They go down now... cannot even run 1.45 or 3ds 4.5, for the price its not worth it anymore until they update.

and yes some r4 are crap but some are super, every one know that all chinese steal the name r4, some still offer better support than acekard anyway.

which cards can play 1.45? 2 of the ''fake rip off'' r4 and dstwo. thats about it!

yes dstwo are the best but also the most expensive, for an adult in the long run dstwo is a good choice IMO
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3751 posts
10 upvotes
stupid question. I've been away from the scene.

What exactly does these cards do?
Paolo wrote:Why are they called the Olsen twins if they both have different last names? Mary Kate, and Ashley Olsen. Why are they not called the Kate Twins? or the Kate-Olsen twins? It's also fascinating how 2 kids from different parents looked identical and both played the role of baby michelle on full house and now 20 some years later, they still look identical.
THREE STARS AND A SUN
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2005
3110 posts
105 upvotes
Mississauga
burnt_toast wrote:
Jan 11th, 2013 7:02 pm
stupid question. I've been away from the scene.

What exactly does these cards do?
Bypass security and protection to play "backups" of their games.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3751 posts
10 upvotes
how can i find what firmware my son's 3DS XL is running? i can't find it in settings
Paolo wrote:Why are they called the Olsen twins if they both have different last names? Mary Kate, and Ashley Olsen. Why are they not called the Kate Twins? or the Kate-Olsen twins? It's also fascinating how 2 kids from different parents looked identical and both played the role of baby michelle on full house and now 20 some years later, they still look identical.
THREE STARS AND A SUN
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
12909 posts
3308 upvotes
Montreal
I miss the old days of using a ds with a 4 dollar dstt - life was so simple
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2011
1753 posts
441 upvotes
burnt_toast wrote:
Jan 13th, 2013 2:20 pm
how can i find what firmware my son's 3DS XL is running? i can't find it in settings
Google.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3751 posts
10 upvotes
YippoHippo wrote:
Jan 13th, 2013 4:56 pm
Google.
what is a "Google"?
THREE STARS AND A SUN