• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2017 8:14 pm
[OP]
Jun 27, 2012
702 posts
49 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB

Where to buy a real men's swimsuit?

I want to start swimming lengths again and need a real swimsuit. Speedo style so its comfortable for long periods in the water. It seems almost impossible to find these as nobody wears them to a beach in Canada. Any recommendations for stores in Canada? I can get them online cheaply but clothes are personal, we're all a different shape so its prudent to try on before buying.
10 replies
Apr 17, 2013
782 posts
101 upvotes
Markham
I regret clicking on this thread
PSN - Meditech82
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3940 posts
525 upvotes
Aurora
Meditech82 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 11:34 am
I regret clicking on this thread
Aw c'mon. If you have the body that can pull it off, why not. Though I'm not sure I'm confident enough about my manliness to wear that pink one in the middle...
[OP]
Jun 27, 2012
702 posts
49 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I just want something comfortable! And the more you swim the better you'll probably look. So even if you're a disgrace initially, it won't be too long before you'll be presentable to the fairer sex. :) Maybe only a few years. Shorts do not work when swimming lengths. After this all I need is a chlorine filter for my mouth! Too bad that hasn't been invented yet. Next quest: How to chelate chlorine.
Jan 9, 2011
907 posts
477 upvotes
Vancouver
TYR makes fitness swimwear. Mine looks like bike shorts and works great for length swimming. I bought it at Swimco. I had to ask where they kept the fitness swimwear; it was hidden at the back of the store.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11023 posts
1521 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Get anything? It's sale time right now!
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Apr 17, 2013
782 posts
101 upvotes
Markham
Funny enough. I bought a pair of swim shorts from Club Monaco recently, it was $13 and I hemmed it to a 6.5 inch inseam.
PSN - Meditech82