None
[OP]
Apr 9, 2006
365 posts
3 upvotes
toronto

Where to buy single serving jam/honey?

Hi,

I am trying to find those single serving jam or honey packs that hotels/McDonalds use to serve for breakfast? Does anyone know where you can get it locally (GTA)? I tried costco but they don't seem to have them, and shipping is expense for smuckers online...

thanks.
14 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
12845 posts
571 upvotes
Why? You are paying a premium for single serving...Honey will last for a long long time (the reason why it was used as a preservative many years ago).
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
2697 posts
72 upvotes
Etobicoke
good thread OP i was wondering where to find these myself. maybe if anyone knows the supplier for timmys or mcdonalds?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 17, 2006
5309 posts
273 upvotes
I'm pretty sure I've seen them at Costco before and they were really closed to expiry date. Unles you consume like 5 packets a day, don't bother.
;)
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
34348 posts
1478 upvotes
Toronto
molala wrote:
May 23rd, 2009 6:28 pm
I'm pretty sure I've seen them at Costco before and they were really closed to expiry date. Unles you consume like 5 packets a day, don't bother.
Maybe he's hosting some sort of party or gathering. Perhaps he is opening a bed and breakfast, or is a caterer.

I don't see a need for individual jam packets otherwise....
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/lbqqav3][size=100][B]
  • Urbanpoet's lottery pool is BACK![/B][/size][/url]
  • 2 Corinthians 5:7 "We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight."
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
2697 posts
72 upvotes
Etobicoke
UrbanPoet wrote:
May 23rd, 2009 6:54 pm
Maybe he's hosting some sort of party or gathering. Perhaps he is opening a bed and breakfast, or is a caterer.

eg 1) take your own honey/jam from home and buy a toasted bagel from timmys. cuts costs since they charge for it and bagel is warm.

eg 2) wait until you are going to eat to spread it on bcuz doing it at home would make a mess in the bread bag

eg 3) i put honey in my tea, but sometimes dont have time to make it at home and have to buy from timmys. they charge for the honey.
Dec 3, 2005
602 posts
Toronto, ON.
A quick honey fix on the go... I like that :)
ogcsb
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
34348 posts
1478 upvotes
Toronto
thepersianguy wrote:
May 23rd, 2009 7:12 pm
eg 1) take your own honey/jam from home and buy a toasted bagel from timmys. cuts costs since they charge for it and bagel is warm.

eg 2) wait until you are going to eat to spread it on bcuz doing it at home would make a mess in the bread bag

eg 3) i put honey in my tea, but sometimes dont have time to make it at home and have to buy from timmys. they charge for the honey.
True... but thats pretty ghetto.
It reminds me of the ghetto families that bring cheese to mcdonalds to make their own cheeseburgers.
This was back in the 90's when they didnt have those value pick menus... but they did have cheap plain hamburgers. lol
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/lbqqav3][size=100][B]
  • Urbanpoet's lottery pool is BACK![/B][/size][/url]
  • 2 Corinthians 5:7 "We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight."
Deal Addict
May 9, 2009
4812 posts
722 upvotes
thepersianguy wrote:
May 23rd, 2009 7:12 pm

If you're going to bring your own honey and put it on the bagel yourself, you may as well take the extra 2 minutes to toast the bagel yourself and skip Timmy's all together.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 17, 2006
5309 posts
273 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Maybe he's hosting some sort of party or gathering. Perhaps he is opening a bed and breakfast, or is a caterer. I don't see a need for individual jam packets otherwise....
My dad always wanted to buy them in small quantity so he could make his own toast with jam on it at work.
;)
Jan 15, 2008
48 posts
Toronto
you can find them at any great canadian wholesaler. The one I go to is at rogers rd south of eglington.
[OP]
Apr 9, 2006
365 posts
3 upvotes
toronto
UrbanPoet wrote:

Yeah, it's for a breakfast meeting, I should have clarified...
RevBen2006 wrote:
May 24th, 2009 10:54 am
you can find them at any great canadian wholesaler. The one I go to is at rogers rd south of eglington.
Thanks for letting me know, do you know if there are any other stores? the wholesale club's location is pretty far from me (Markham)...
GateGuardian wrote:
May 23rd, 2009 5:53 pm
Costco
Wholesale Club
molala wrote:
May 23rd, 2009 6:28 pm
Costco doesn't have it, except for whipped butter or something, and I think I saw peanut butter as well...just no jam or honey
× < >