None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2003
2820 posts
51 upvotes
Markham

Where to buy skis ??

My gf needs to buy some skis. Where should we go?. She needs some boots too. I already have my snowboard gear so it would be nice to get her geared up ASAP. Thanks in advanced
9 replies
Jan 3, 2008
756 posts
88 upvotes
W.GTA
chinaboy1021 wrote:
Dec 25th, 2013 3:05 pm
My gf needs to buy some skis. Where should we go?. She needs some boots too. I already have my snowboard gear so it would be nice to get her geared up ASAP. Thanks in advanced
Around Markham - Sportchek would be your best choice or take a drive to Yonge st., there's Sign of skier and Sporting Life.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
6004 posts
655 upvotes
Greely
I recommend Kenmark in Richmond Hill.
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13943 posts
81 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur, MY
i usually get my stuff at sporting life (sherway gardens). wider selection (and i think the people are more specialized and knowledgeable in the area)
Nov 26, 2011
3 posts
1 upvote
Bumping.

Shouldn't there be some deals coming up, as the season wears on? I have been renting skis and boots all winter. I'm actually a pretty good skier, but haven't owned skis since I was a kid and know nothing now about where to buy or how much I should pay. Getting back into it and looking to pick up some gear for myself and my wife. Willing to wait until end of season if there's going to be a big sale somewhere.
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13943 posts
81 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur, MY
justin29 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2014 11:45 pm
Bumping.

Shouldn't there be some deals coming up, as the season wears on? I have been renting skis and boots all winter. I'm actually a pretty good skier, but haven't owned skis since I was a kid and know nothing now about where to buy or how much I should pay. Getting back into it and looking to pick up some gear for myself and my wife. Willing to wait until end of season if there's going to be a big sale somewhere.
there's usually a ski / snowboard show sometime in the summer (i think last year's was in august or something?) that comes to toronto once a year. you can either get it then, or find deals in the summer. there might be deals once the season winds down but if you're going to do that you might as well just wait until it's completely off-season.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2009
1420 posts
109 upvotes
Not sure if you care about new or used but there is always a ton on kijiji. Maybe just buy new boots
Dec 12, 2007
393 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I've been eyeing a price drop at Sport Chek for a new set of skis. Currently most (if not all) 2014 models are 20% off plus the 20% off team assist coupon that are floating around. That's a much better deal than you will find at any ski shop. Provided that you can find something that suits your needs there are some deals to be had at Sport Check.
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
10391 posts
3024 upvotes
Toronto
justin29 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2014 11:45 pm
Bumping.

check sportchek. there are great clearance deals especially on last years models.

I picked up a set of Rossignol Experience 83 skis and bindings for under $300 taxes for my brother after using Team Assist.