• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2008 7:30 pm
Tags:
None
May 16, 2007
75 posts
1 upvote

Where to buy snowboard/ski Jackets/Pants

In Toronto, where can I buy a good water-proof & breathable ski jackets and pants?
I checked sports check, sport mart and MEC, but nothing is good except the high price. Anywhere else that I can buy it?
11 replies
Jul 25, 2007
723 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I usually go to Sporting Life. It's pretty good, big selection too. Skiis and Biikes is also another option but l like Sporting life better.
Apr 9, 2007
392 posts
46 upvotes
Vancouver
I usually get my snowboard gear at REI. They're an american company much like mountain equipment co-op. Their online prices are more than reasonable and its free shipping to any REI store in the states. Even if you pay duty across the border, its cheap.

www.rei.com
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
3449 posts
277 upvotes
billiken wrote:
Feb 15th, 2008 1:56 pm
In Toronto, where can I buy a good water-proof & breathable ski jackets and pants?
I checked sports check, sport mart and MEC, but nothing is good except the high price. Anywhere else that I can buy it?
?!

First of all, because it's mid-season now and retailers have had their Spring lineup on shelves for weeks, most Winter clothing is 25-40% off depending on the store. Secondly, you're not going to find much given that it's February. You need to start looking in October/November when everything first arrives. And third, just how much did you think a ski jacket cost? They're $200-500 regular.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3218 posts
141 upvotes
Mulder and Scully wrote:
Feb 20th, 2008 5:48 pm
?!

First of all, because it's mid-season now and retailers have had their Spring lineup on shelves for weeks, most Winter clothing is 25-40% off depending on the store. Secondly, you're not going to find much given that it's February. You need to start looking in October/November when everything first arrives. And third, just how much did you think a ski jacket cost? They're $200-500 regular.
+1

everyone had their end of season sale already. whatever you're finding are the last bit of what everyone doesn't want to buy. second, i think MEC stuff are really worth the price you're paying for because of the quality. If you just want something cheap and don't worry about quality (something that would last you a season or so), you can try places like Walmart or Costco. Snowboarding/Skiing stuff are generally quite pricy because of the quality you're getting.
Jul 10, 2005
268 posts
22 upvotes
Richmond Hill
yeah dude

you're better off waiting until october/november when the toronto ski/snowboard show comes to town...
you can get anything/everything at a fair price .. depending on where you look
Feb 10, 2008
338 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I just scored a sweet new set of snowboard pants and jacket from an eBay retailer, of all places.

I had originally taken a look at this stuff over at Board Sports on Yonge/Eglinton, but saw the exact same set (I got the Bonfire Fusion pants and the Bonfire Fusion Echo jacket) online on eBay from a seller called djsboardshop (he has a LOT of stuff - and over 13,000 feedback so I felt OK buying). Retail I saw was $450 + tax for the set, I bought it all for $140 US plus $25 shipping via DHL which got here in TWO DAYS!

Super deal, even with the below par canadian dollar these days. (PS - I didn't have to pay any customs either!)
Nov 4, 2007
340 posts
Toronto
random - stuff might be on sale

i went to europe bound on front st. last year and ended up getting a patagonia jacket for $150 (original $450).

just have to look
Aug 11, 2005
116 posts
1 upvote
Markham, ON
check out boardzone.com or a month ago they had a clearance store in Vaughan Mills that had snowboarding gear for dirt cheap. Don't know if the clearance store is still there but they had jackets for $40
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3218 posts
141 upvotes
i was at kingston the last couple of days. there was a store there with 50% off winter inventory. scored a canadian goose chilliwack for 50% off :D
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5137 posts
49 upvotes
I like LL bean they are at www.llbean.com

They are not super cheap, but I have bought at least 6 or 7 different jackets there and none has ever fallen apart.

I sent them back a jacket that was 5 years old so they could fix the elastic cord (it was not defective, just worn out) and offered to pay and they fixed it for free :)

But I have not had anything else wear out from them, I actually got sick of 2 jackets and gave them away or sold them.

if you are in the us backcountry.com is also a pretty good website.
Dec 5, 2006
61 posts
AngeLLB wrote:
Feb 20th, 2008 11:19 pm
I just scored a sweet new set of snowboard pants and jacket from an eBay retailer, of all places.

I had originally taken a look at this stuff over at Board Sports on Yonge/Eglinton, but saw the exact same set (I got the Bonfire Fusion pants and the Bonfire Fusion Echo jacket) online on eBay from a seller called djsboardshop (he has a LOT of stuff - and over 13,000 feedback so I felt OK buying). Retail I saw was $450 + tax for the set, I bought it all for $140 US plus $25 shipping via DHL which got here in TWO DAYS!

Super deal, even with the below par canadian dollar these days. (PS - I didn't have to pay any customs either!)

how was the custom tax ? was it waived by the shipping company ?
× < >