Computers & Electronics

Where to Buy Stock 775 Heatsink for Cheap ?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2014 12:35 pm
Tags:
None
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1338 upvotes

Where to Buy Stock 775 Heatsink for Cheap ?

Anyone know where I can get LGA 775 stock fan/heatsinks locally for $5 or less ? I don't care if they are the Intel spring push down pins or screw down, but preferably screw down. I need like 24 of them and shipping is a killer because of the weight of these things !

[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/imag ... Jrv7AI9vSZ[/IMG]
12 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2002
19368 posts
1071 upvotes
Just curious ... What kind of machines are you having (ie. form factor) ?
Deal Guru
Oct 16, 2008
11337 posts
5530 upvotes
Vaughan
I have 2. You can have them if you can pick them up in Maple.
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1338 upvotes
willy wrote: Just curious ... What kind of machines are you having (ie. form factor) ?
LGA 775 Pentium D 3.0GHZ, 3.4GHZ, 3.6GHZ
Dam fan/heatsink even at $5 new is a lot of money considering that the CPU then was over $350 and now less than $5 ! ...LoL
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2002
19368 posts
1071 upvotes
Pentium D .... They are hot running ... You can't just use any s775 HSF coz some of the ones that for more recent generations (ie. C2D) are like half the size (height-wise) of the Pentium D ones.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
5275 posts
1435 upvotes
Toronto
Got 2 new, 1 used for $10 total you can have them.
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1338 upvotes
h2o- wrote: Got 2 new, 1 used for $10 total you can have them.
Good deal too bad you are in TO, if you are coming to MTL I would def pick those up from you !
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
EdT586 wrote: Good deal too bad you are in TO, if you are coming to MTL I would def pick those up from you !
You're in MTL?
Why didn't you say so? In your profile I mean...
BOOM ?

I think they can do a "special" price if you're buying a lot.

Otherwise, I'd visit those used computers sellers, or check kijiji, plenty of people sell old junk. You'd probably have to do a lot of running around to get all 24.

edit #whatever: I see plenty of LGA775 heatsink/fan combos for sale on eBay for under 10$ with free shipping, even the bigger ones.
YOu'll need to wait a month to get the shipment.
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1338 upvotes
alkizmo wrote: You're in MTL?
Why didn't you say so? In your profile I mean...
BOOM ?

I think they can do a "special" price if you're buying a lot.

Otherwise, I'd visit those used computers sellers, or check kijiji, plenty of people sell old junk. You'd probably have to do a lot of running around to get all 24.

edit #whatever: I see plenty of LGA775 heatsink/fan combos for sale on eBay for under 10$ with free shipping, even the bigger ones.
YOu'll need to wait a month to get the shipment.
I hit all the used PC parts places around in MTL and none of them have used since most their crap are Dell and HP that uses proprietary fan/sink solutions, they have some crappy ones at $5 +taxes if I buy 50. eBay and from China is way too expensive and shipping even kills it more. I want to get each of these PC up and running for less than $30-$35, $10 for a fan/sink is way too expensive for the builts that I am building, for $10 I can get 4 dual core CPUs and change left over for a coffee ! ...LoL
Deal Guru
Oct 16, 2008
11337 posts
5530 upvotes
Vaughan
If you are ever in Toronto, you can have my 2 HSF (1 new, 1 used) for free. May be you should take a trip down here to get the supplies. :)
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2005
6697 posts
266 upvotes
St. Catharines
willy wrote: Pentium D .... They are hot running ... You can't just use any s775 HSF coz some of the ones that for more recent generations (ie. C2D) are like half the size (height-wise) of the Pentium D ones.
Stock HSF from the Pentium D (Prescott) also had a copper core, higher RPM fan. Some, most the C2D stock HSF's had a lower RPM fan, all aluminum, half the height. Stock HSF from the Pentium D sounded like a jet plane. They where ovens and nearly went into nuclear meltdown.

DirectCanada has a version that's all aluminum which should work and free shipping. They're $12 piece not $5.

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=1440178791G
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1338 upvotes
mysticalinfluence wrote: Stock HSF from the Pentium D (Prescott) also had a copper core, higher RPM fan. Some, most the C2D stock HSF's had a lower RPM fan, all aluminum, half the height. Stock HSF from the Pentium D sounded like a jet plane. They where ovens and nearly went into nuclear meltdown.

DirectCanada has a version that's all aluminum which should work and free shipping. They're $12 piece not $5.

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=1440178791G
Pentium D originally came out with Smithfield 90nm and Presler 65nm.
Prescott is Pentium 4. I am using all Presler cores so they are much cooler.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)