• Aug 24th, 2015 11:17 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 13, 2008
124 posts
30 upvotes

Where to buy Television?

I want to know where to buy television in Toronto:

I have only found; Costco, BestBuy, Amazon.ca, 2001 Audio Video, but their TV options are limited.

Any good place with good review I can find a tv?
19 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6989 upvotes
GTA
What are you looking for exactly?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3847 posts
2272 upvotes
'Shwallywood
I bought my TV from Visions, free delivery and no EHF on a 55"

Costco is good if you want a longer warranty, though quite a few credit cards double your warranty.
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
DJPedram wrote: I want to know where to buy television in Toronto:

I have only found; Costco, BestBuy, Amazon.ca, 2001 Audio Video, but their TV options are limited.

You can always go to manufacturers sites and pay full price. There's that.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Mar 20, 2013
800 posts
1017 upvotes
Winnipeg
I'd have to think that you could easily find more than three stores in Toronto that sell televisions.

Off the top of my head:
- Sears
- The Bay
- Walmart
- Canadian Tire
- Leons
- The Brick
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
2159 posts
370 upvotes
Caledon, ON
ravine wrote: Answer: Costco
This. Because - Good prices (look for sales in Sept and Nov), included 2 year warranty, and low cost extended warranty (like really low cost, as in how much it should really cost everywhere - prob what BB and others actually pay before padding their wallets)
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21707 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
Factory direct-Their TV's are refurbished, but that also means you do not have to pay the eco fee.
You can apply your "no eco fee" savings to their in store protection plan.
Aug 16, 2015
9 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
What kind of TV do you want to buy?
You'd better search about its detail on the Internet them compare prices betweem stores to get the best price.
Good luck for you!
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3252 posts
3029 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)

You need to open your eyes if these are the only places you can find a TV from. In Toronto. I suspect I could find more places than you've listed just walking down the street for 10 minutes...and I don't even live there.

Stroll around downtown, check out some stores then look 'em up online for their reviews.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21707 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
Stick with the places that offer an in store warranty. Any other store is crap.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3926 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto
We bought our last TV from Brentview Electronics on Mt. Pleasant in Toronto. It isn't anything fancy - just a 40 inch Smart TV. I bought the TV from Brentview due to a recommendation from a friend who buys all of her media equipment from them. The last TV and this darned computer, I bought from one of the major media stores - am not about to do that again.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2009
1057 posts
729 upvotes

Wait until the CNE opens.. I bought my 32" samsung tv there 3 years ago for $290, whereas best buy had in on sale for $360, reg. price was $500.
Banned
Jun 16, 2015
125 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Amazon or Walmart. I awalys shop on these two stores.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2014
1310 posts
718 upvotes
Montreal QC
Costco due to excellent warranty extensions option availble.

I purchased a Samsung from walmart and it died one week after the warranty expired. If I would of purchases the TV from Costco, I would of avoided this problem altogether due to the outstanding warranty service. This was a couple years ago, now i know better.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21707 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
2001 Audio Video is the only store I know where you can apply your unused in store warranty toward the purchase of a new TV when you come back to them to buy another one.
Not a bad idea-gets customers to only shop with them. The very idea that they WANT us to only shop with them hints to me that they also hope nothing goes wrong with any TV you buy from them. It's a win-win!
They seem to be showing better care than others, or at least doing a better job of getting us to believe that they care more than some other businesses out there.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3260 posts
909 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere

Any mall has TV stores. Try that.
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Aug 23, 2015
4 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto, ON
i recommend going to CNE if you are in toronto. they actually have decent deals.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)