Computers & Electronics

Where to buy Tubes/Cord Concealers to hide your computer wires and organize them?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2007 1:55 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 28, 2006
915 posts
4 upvotes

Where to buy Tubes/Cord Concealers to hide your computer wires and organize them?

Hi i was looking for something to organize all the wires behind my PC to keep it tidy and not as messy. Im looking for Cord concealers/wrappers/organizers whatever you call them to conceal them from being shown and keep them in a nice pile.

This is what is similar to what im talking about:

Im also interested in getting velcro ties, because obviously there are going to be some wires that cannot all by in under one tube. These i know where to buy, and i can find the "Belkin cord ties" at any Staples Business depot for 8 bux =/. A pic of these are here:

Any suggestions where to buy the organize as described on the first pic? I have already tried Staples business depot, Canadian tire and Futureshop. If it is bendable like a rubber tube or cloth is even better than a big plastic one. Many thanks and your comments are appreciated :)
16 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2007
1141 posts
61 upvotes
Willowdale
As i recall ive seen these at dollarama! i think it was the one on orfus road. . . they look like they were made 10 years ago from the box and amount of dust :lol:
it was like a large black tube, that you stick the wires in and peal off for extra slack . . . i didnt buy one, but you should call :D
Deal Fanatic
Mar 13, 2004
7524 posts
609 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Just buy Plastic Zip ties and make them look nice and hide them ontop of cd-roms and behind areas in your case.

Thats the best way because it wont effect your airflow at all just make it better. If you start getting these tubes and stuff it will just be in the way and still have some impact on the airflow.
Maximum Repair
Computer & Cell Phone Repair
PM me for more info
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2005
3302 posts
2 upvotes
sickcars wrote:
Jul 27th, 2007 8:23 pm
Just buy Plastic Zip ties and make them look nice and hide them ontop of cd-roms and behind areas in your case.

Thats the best way because it wont effect your airflow at all just make it better. If you start getting these tubes and stuff it will just be in the way and still have some impact on the airflow.
He's talking about the cables outside the case. Power, Monitor, USB, etc. Not the ones inside it.

For inside it best thing is to get a case that lets you route cables behind the motherboard. My fiancee's new P180 I have all the cables running in behind the motherboard, fastened to the plastic ties there. It's nice and completely clean.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11002 posts
868 upvotes
Kanata
Buy velcro ties from Home Depot. You can get a pack of 50 velcro ties for $8.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
5148 posts
97 upvotes
XSCargo has them - flexible black tubes with velcro ties.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2004
4204 posts
87 upvotes
Most Home stores carry various conduit type things to conceal wiring, cables etc. They aren't cheap though
Check Home depot, Rona, Can Tire.... the electical section.
Or be creative see what type have in plumbing or the garden center - tubing or pipe.
[OP]
Oct 28, 2006
915 posts
4 upvotes
hightech wrote:
Jul 27th, 2007 9:08 pm
Shower rod covers come to mind.
Funny.
Aske001 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2007 10:20 pm
XSCargo has them - flexible black tubes with velcro ties.
Is there a website you can link me? Many thanks.
masterc wrote:
Jul 27th, 2007 10:44 pm
Most Home stores carry various conduit type things to conceal wiring, cables etc. They aren't cheap though
Check Home depot, Rona, Can Tire.... the electical section.
Or be creative see what type have in plumbing or the garden center - tubing or pipe.
Thanks, ill look into home depot, havent checked there yet. Seems to be a better deal than the 8 bux for 10 for Belkin ones.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
1164 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
If you live close to a sayal i would check them out.. i buy my wire channels there
OVERCLOCK OR DIE!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2005
1600 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
Ikea has nice grey ones.. I forgot how much they cost, but they look pretty nice.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11002 posts
868 upvotes
Kanata
jason9945 wrote:
Jul 28th, 2007 4:17 am

You can get split loom tubing like that at just about any hardware store, auto parts store, or at Ikea.

Crappy tire has it in the automotive section (with all the automotive wiring products)

Its dirt cheap.
Yep, and cheaper if you go to Princess Auto. They regularly have this stuff on sale for $5, I believe, and long lengths too.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2006
6219 posts
194 upvotes
goofball wrote:
Jul 28th, 2007 12:05 pm
Yep, and cheaper if you go to Princess Auto. They regularly have this stuff on sale for $5, I believe, and long lengths too.
True, But princess auto is a ***** to get too unless you live in missisauga or the east end of ottawa.
[OP]
Oct 28, 2006
915 posts
4 upvotes
jason9945 wrote:
Jul 28th, 2007 4:17 am

You can get split loom tubing like that at just about any hardware store, auto parts store, or at Ikea.

Crappy tire has it in the automotive section (with all the automotive wiring products)

Its dirt cheap.
Now we're getting what im talking about, similar to this :)
× < >